Grilled Strawberry Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helen_Paradise

Head Chef
A first for everything...for me. I thought about giving this a try for a long time. The sauce has strawberries in it. Then topped with strawberries, red onion, and blue cheese *insert vomit*.

Going on...

Just about done...

The top is then drizzled with balsamic vinegar and sprinkled with chives.

I learned three things:
Balsamic vinegar is only OK on salads.
I HATE blue cheese.
Pay the damn $2.50 and get the box of cornmeal. I spent at least 5 minutes trying to scrape the pizza off the stone.

Tasted good.

At least you tried it Helen, looks pretty good. Couple of thoughts for the next time if you dare to give it a go again. I'd use a reduction of Balsamic and probably a Brie' Cheese in place of the Bleu and mint leaves in place of the chives.

Larry Wolfe said:
At least you tried it Helen, looks pretty good. Couple of thoughts for the next time if you dare to give it a go again. I'd use a reduction of Balsamic and probably a Brie' Cheese in place of the Bleu and mint leaves in place of the chives.

It was a reduction...The chives were fine. Mint...only OK in Thai food ;)

Guess I should say how I would do it different next time.
1. Less one tablespoon balsamic vinegar in sauce.
2. Less sauce on dough.
c. No reduction of balsamic vinegar on top.
4. Try brie...but I know I hate that one too.
5. Crumble the cheese a bit more or fine shred whatever cheese.
6. More red onion.

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3pze1h2n]At least you tried it Helen, looks pretty good. Couple of thoughts for the next time if you dare to give it a go again. I'd use a reduction of Balsamic and probably a Brie' Cheese in place of the Bleu and mint leaves in place of the chives.

It was a reduction...The chives were fine. Mint...only OK in Thai food ;)

Guess I should say how I would do it different next time.
1. Less one tablespoon balsamic vinegar in sauce.
2. Less sauce on dough.
c. No reduction of balsamic vinegar on top.
4. Try brie...but I know I hate that one too.
5. Crumble the cheese a bit more or fine shred whatever cheese.
6. More red onion.[/quote:3pze1h2n]

Sorry... :( :oops:

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Helen, why use the stone? When I do grilled pizza I just put it on the grate. It looks fantastic.

I'd picked it up last weekend in Solvang...so had to give it a try.

Helen_Paradise said:
A first for everything...for me. I thought about giving this a try for a long time. The sauce has strawberries in it. Then topped with strawberries, red onion, and blue cheese *insert vomit*.

Not bad fixin there Helen , thats one of the things I have not tried yet on the grill a pizza!!!

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Helen, why use the stone? When I do grilled pizza I just put it on the grate. It looks fantastic.

Don't you mean "when Kathy grills pizza"?

That looks good to me but like Chris said, I like bleu cheese and think it would be a nice combination with strawberries. Problem here is no one else will eat bleu cheese and I don't usually cook myself something special. LOL

Looks good but you could make it a dessert pizza with a cream cheese/sour cream spread then you could add your strawberries and other fruits. That one looks good though

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Looks good but you could make it a dessert pizza with a cream cheese/sour cream spread then you could add your strawberries and other fruits. That one looks good though

The sauce has marscapone in it. I don't see it as a dessert pizza. Take Home Chef happen to make one a couple days ago, but more like a dessert. This recipe came from a Strawberry Festival recipe collection that came out a few months ago. I'm going to try blueberry and raspberry next though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom