Grilled spares...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Thinking about grilling some spares today. First time for me.. any suggestions, methods ect ? Gonna finish with a viniger based sauce..

I do them direct on the kettle some times with Open Pit. I just slap them on and let them roll. Love the bark. Good luck. Take pics. (you know the rule. ;) )

Pigs

Hey John, if you invited me over, I'd be happy with that salad! You could have all the ribs, just give me that salad!! YUM

john pen said:
Puff said:
[quote="john pen":9zz29dkc]
Puff said:
...and the suspence builds.
Ummm...lets not get to excited..
Am now. ;)
Would that be the famous Mr's Penn's tomato salad?

That it would be..Actually Mrs. Pens (my mom's)[/quote:9zz29dkc]
Great!
Why I add the extra "N"....the world may never know. :shock:

Puff said:
john pen said:
Puff said:
[quote="john pen":27719ggv]
Puff said:
Am now. ;)

That it would be..Actually Mrs. Pens (my mom's)
Great!
Why I add the extra "N"....the world may never know. :shock:[/quote:27719ggv]

I got a pretty good idea why.

Griff said:
Puff said:
john pen said:
Puff said:
[quote="john pen":15uhmj9w]
Puff said:
Am now. ;)

That it would be..Actually Mrs. Pens (my mom's)
Great!
Why I add the extra "N"....the world may never know. :shock:

I got a pretty good idea why.[/quote:15uhmj9w]
LOL! ;)

If the Good Lord had intended us to grill spare ribs He would have give us all gassers and webers etc. Now slow direct ribs is ok as long as it take about 7 hrs to cook em. Lot of folks like to chew on the book covers around here. :shock:

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
Hey John, if you invited me over, I'd be happy with that salad! You could have all the ribs, just give me that salad!! YUM

John, don't believe him ......................... he'll drink all your beer!

Well, this cook was less than succesfull.. The ribs were edible but I totally tanked the cook. I didn't take Larry's advice and...well, lets just leave it at the corn and salad were good. Pic is for verification of cook only..

They sort of reminded me of my moms broiled ribs. I may try grilling again with less beer, but smoking is more relaxing. The mop I used was good however. Just a basic viniger/brown sugar/red pepper/cayenne mix.. Oh well.. :roll:

john pen said:
Well, this cook was less than succesfull.. The ribs were edible but I totally tanked the cook. I didn't take Larry's advice and...well, lets just leave it at the corn and salad were good. Pic is for verification of cook only..

They sort of reminded me of my moms broiled ribs. I may try grilling again with less beer, but smoking is more relaxing. The mop I used was good however. Just a basic viniger/brown sugar/red pepper/cayenne mix.. Oh well.. :roll:

What did you do different??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom