Grilled salmon cheeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

friesian_rain

Senior Cook
When I fillet up a salmon, I also "cheek" it, just like halibut; very tasty. This last fish I just tossed the two small pieces on the grill with the fillets; no sauce, just plain, very yummy. Not enough to share though ;)

Wasn't sure if anyone would find this interesting.... or just very, disgusting and/or weird...... hahaha

Wow, that is a beautiful piece of fish! Alaska has amazing salmon and it looks like you did a great job cooking it. Makes me want to eat more salmon!

Thanks for the replies you guys ! I don't think a lot of people know about "cheeking"..... I won't be going out to get my halibut quota until July this year, I'll try to get pictures to post of some really big cheeks :shock: ! We stuff the halibut cheeks with crab, prawns and cheese and bake those.... yummy

Nice cheeks, FR! ;) :LOL: Looks like you know how to use a knife, a lil bit anyway. ;) :D

I've heard of walleye, but never anything else. Great pix.

friesian_rain said:
Wasn't sure if anyone would find this interesting...
Extremely interesting. Don't get a lot of whole salmon around these parts so never heard of this before for them. Looks great! Thanks for sharing!!

friesian_rain said:
Looks like you know how to use a knife, a lil bit anyway. ;) :D

Ha ha ha I'm just totally insulted now ! ;) :D :D LOL

I've never seen a walleye, can you eat it?

Good. ;)

And, Yes.....I can.

It is good eats. I haven't had it in yrs, but its my pick after crappie and blue gill.

BigAL said:
friesian_rain said:
Looks like you know how to use a knife, a lil bit anyway. ;) :D

Ha ha ha I'm just totally insulted now ! ;) :D :D LOL

I've never seen a walleye, can you eat it?

Good. ;)

And, Yes.....I can.

It is good eats. I haven't had it in yrs, but its my pick after crappie and blue gill.

I looked them up, they look like they could be fun to catch.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom