grilled pizza ..first attempt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
not bad, not real good either...didn't have a pizza
stone so I used a pan...burnt the bottom a little bit.

Carmed some onions..

dough from a can....didn't like it much, but too lazy to make my own.

Looks good brotha...

For my money..I make personal size and cook them directly on the grate. Coals on one side, 'za on the other..2 or 3 mins and there done..nice and crispy on the bottom, brown'd on top !

I have a plastic rigid cutting board i lube WELL with olive oil..I put the dough on it, make the pie, then slide it onto the grill. That was the hardest thing to do for me in the beginning..getting the raw pie off whatever it was in and onto the grill without destroying it...

john pen said:
I have a plastic rigid cutting board i lube WELL with olive oil..I put the dough on it, make the pie, then slide it onto the grill. That was the hardest thing to do for me in the beginning..getting the raw pie off whatever it was in and onto the grill without destroying it...

Use corn meal on your prep peel or board BOY
Cap use a pizza stone anytime you make pizza. Problems with using a grill is you loose too much heat when you slide it onto the stone & you cant put a cold stone on a hot grill unless you want to crack it
looks good Cap

Yup I am with jb on this I find the oil burns too easily (don't have a stone here) so the cornmeal works well.

Looks very yummy

We did a couple of store bought pizzas on the Traeger in Paris. It worked well directly on the grill.

My techinque is to spread a chimney full of lit aound the grill with a stone in the middle..and cook the pizza on a pan and then finish on the stone for a few minutes..

Back
Top Bottom