Grilled fish tacos for dinner tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds great. Had them last night. Could eat these every night. Here is how we do it. Adapted from an original Baja recipe.

Grilled well seasoned fish (Original was tempura battered and fried)
Shredded cabbage with lime juice
Mayo with black pepper and cumin
Fresh Cilantro leaves
Green Tomatillo salsa
Fire roasted red salsa
Thin sliced avocado (Optional but goooood :D )

Now build
Hot extra thin corn tortilla
slather with mayo mix
Piece of fish
Spoon of cabbage
Fresh Cilantro
Red sauce
Green sauce

Sometime in the early part of the 20th century the Mexican Govt. hired a Japanese fishing company to come to the Pacific coast of Mexico and train a group of local fisherman in Ensenada Mexico in the newest technology in commercial fishing. While the Japaese where there a new culinary treat was born. The "Fish Taco" A tempura battered fish fillet with shredded cabbage, a mayo based white sauce (all Japanese influence), with traditional Mexican spices and picante' wraped in a corn tortilla. An original fusion dish. A blend of the far east and the west. True story. This dish is unique to a very small area of Mexico on the pacific coast. Till it got popular of course.

I reserve the right to be wrong on minor details of this story.

ZILLA :D

No Pics? My brother serves those in his restaurant. He uses two, warm but not crispy, corn tortillas that are glued together with pepper jack cheese, and then drizzles an sweet ancho-bbq sauce over the top. Oh my God! Awesome!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom