Grilled Bacon Cheeseburger Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
Finally got to try the sausages I made the other day. They were good but not great. I think I would make them again though but I would double the bacon the recipe called for.

Once again sorry for the blurry pics

On the grill

Resting while prepping everything else.

Sausage topped with some sauteed onion, roasted Hatch chilies, ketchup and mustard. served with some woked brussel sprouts and some Navy bean soup which was very good

Meant to say...in my cheese sausage experiments using a bunch of cheese... It had a great flavor but all the cheese gave it a funny mouth feel..sorta slick and gooey feeling on the palette. Big Dave came out with what I considered a good ratio of 1.25 oz of cheese per pound of meat..which seemed to stop the overwhelming slick mouth feel while leaving in the flavor. Might consider that on the next batch. Also one pickled jap per pound also works good. His strategy turned out to be just the ticket.
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/f32/big-daves-cheesy-jap-sausage-5911.html

V that looks great! I am soaking beans now. I have been sick and although bean soup probably will not cure me it certainly helps my disposition. Nice job with the brussell sprouts as well. I use a recipe for cooking them with bacon, one of the few ways I can get my kids to eat them. But then again bacon will get them to eat just about anything.

Back
Top Bottom