Grilled Alligator Poor Boy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Yesterday evening when I got home I was exhausted! I did however have enough energy to get some lump charcoal glowing with a nice chunk of pecan wood. Ahhh...... I started feeling better after getting a whiff of smoke from the Keg. It was almost like being resuscitated!
I put a couple of links of alligator sausage and a few links of crawfish and pork sausage on the grill around the outer edge to take in some of that sweet smelling smoke. After about fifteen minutes of that it was time for the hot center for grilling. It was now time for that icy cold beer I put in the freezer about 15 minutes earlier.
img_258930_0_fd2572b9d62a07e2e6b7d3f39abae384.jpg

Just looking at those sausages on the grill was making me more and more hungry. It was a busy day at work yesterday and I didn't get to eat anything for lunch.
img_258930_1_57ee5cc39464d9666b0ad9d4cb8976ca.jpg

Toward the end of the cook I swabbed the sausages with a little Spicy Jalapeno Ketchup. Not much but just enough to give a little something extra.
img_258930_2_31afa98e47c73d727aa917377e535acb.jpg

Right before the sausages were done I cut about an eleven inch piece of fresh Poor Boy Bread and put it in the oven to warm and crisp up the out crust. I put the sandwich together and as I had just finished doing so I think I was drooling. It was a beautiful sight.
img_258930_3_bc789ed5a1f672264f5a43119e56a3b5.jpg

Added a few potato chips and it was time to eat!
img_258930_4_e2f4983255010f478180030adfa78c5e.jpg

All I can say is that was probably the best alligator sausage I have ever had. I'll have to get some more next time I'm in Laplace. I got it at Wayne Jacob's Smokehouse where I like to get THE BEST andouille. Mmmm........ that was good!​

Very nice!!! Is the alligator sausage mixed with anything? I can get alligator sausage here but it is mixed with pork.

Sounds good on gator sausage. Only part I have bumped into over the years is fried tail section. Seemed a bit springy as in the mo I chewed it the bigger it got...to paraphase an old grey headed black gentleman's assessment on the merits of frog legs. Us Jewish based Protestants do not hold with eating much reptiles and/or amphibians ya know?

Leviticus 11:9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

Now we seem to make exceptions for catfish..oysters..shrimps..lobsters..crawdads and stuff like that. But that be only for Lent perhaps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom