Greek souvlaki on my Kamado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I cooked this awhile back but man it is real good and super easy..Even my wife liked it....Btw, my Grandmother was from Samos, Greece..trying to keep the tradition goin....Enjoy!!!!

18018bc0f601rg0.jpg

18019bc14431cz6.jpg

LAMB SOUVLAKI

1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Oregano to taste
4lbs. boned leg of lamb or pork, or beef sirloin, cut into 1 1/2" cubes.

Combine all ingredients; add meat, and let marinate in
refrigerator 3 to 6 hours, turning meat over several times.
Put meat through oiled skewers, and set to grill over charcoal,
turning to brown evenly.
Code:

john pen said:
Ya man..looks good..Use those in Gyro's ?
I have used them in gyros, but I like to just eat them right off the stick..Sam's club usually has the leg of lamb for about $10.00 a leg..

Nice very nice...luvs me some soulviki...Chicken is the meat of choice around here...I make a similar marinade but add some eggs...makes the chicken a real nice color... ;)

OPA!!!!!!! My mother is from Komotini.

No oregano though??
What's your tzatziki recipe, if you have one?

Helen_Paradise said:

No oregano though??

The recipe says oregano to taste, since some folks don't like it... I oregano till my sinuses taste it.... :eek:

surfinsapo said:
Helen_Paradise said:

No oregano though??

The recipe says oregano to taste, since some folks don't like it... I oregano till my sinuses taste it.... :eek:

I oregano overkill...

Sorry to repoat the Eyetalians from upstate New Yawk has done stolen this food item and renamed it Speidies and claiming they invented it. Whut a deal huh? I think oregeano is optional on that deal too.

bigwheel

That looks damm fine Surf, I Have made kafta kabobs, I'm still workin on my kibbi I need a good recipe. You got one?

surfinsapo said:
I cooked this awhile back but man it is real good and super easy..Even my wife liked it....Btw, my Grandmother was from Samos, Greece..trying to keep the tradition goin....Enjoy!!!!

Ok now I got this saved and I am gonna try this for sure I like stuff like that with no veggies on it , them I serve on the sides, LOL!!!!

bigwheel said:
Sorry to repoat the Eyetalians from upstate New Yawk has done stolen this food item and renamed it Speidies and claiming they invented it. Whut a deal huh? I think oregeano is optional on that deal too.

bigwheel

Actually BW it's pronounced Spiedini and it's mainly chicken with a light bread crumb coating seared in a sautee pan with a type of 'eyetalian' dressing then finished in the oven. The chicken is cut in 3"-4" cubes and there's only about 3 or 4 per skewer.

These are 2 different things.

007bond-jb said:
That looks damm fine Surf, I Have made kafta kabobs, I'm still workin on my kibbi I need a good recipe. You got one?
I'll get back at ya BOY.. I'll check Mom and Granny's Recipes for you... 8)

Back
Top Bottom