Good stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
Morning!

Did up some road side chicken and corn on the cob on the 1TG lastnight.

Yup, I can see why people get hooked on RSC. I kicked mine up with some rooster sauce. I wasn't sure I was gunna be able to put it on, it kept raining wicked hard, then it would stop, then start again. It actually hailed a couple of times. :eek:
Lexi's a fan of RSC chicken too...

I just threw a 4 pound beef round eye into the freezer to slice up later and turn that into jerky tomorrow. I loooove jerky. =P~ =P~ =P~

Aaahhhh I'm off work until Thursday. Come on weather. Cooperate ******!

Looks great Scotty. =P~ Cute looking kid too. Damn I hate this site now I've got to put some jerkey on my list of things to do. How are you planning on doing your jerkey....

I'm gunna run out a little later and see if can get some of the cheap wire grill pans, then stack em with wood spacers.

I usually marinate/cure the meat overnight, and then do it in the WSM for 7-8 hours at 150-160 with smoke only in the first 4 hours... pretty much the Stogie way.

ScottyDaQ said:
I'm gunna run out a little later and see if can get some of the cheap wire grill pans, then stack em with wood spacers.

I usually marinate/cure the meat overnight, and then do it in the WSM for 7-8 hours at 150-160 with smoke only in the first 4 hours... pretty much the Stogie way.
I’ve done mine on the dehydrator and in the electric but never the WSM…..Do you put sand in the water pan or water or leave it empty? I have a buddy that does his in the oven and uses tooth pics to hang the jerky from the over grates……What is this stogie way you speak of?

wittdog said:
ScottyDaQ said:

I’ve done mine on the dehydrator and in the electric but never the WSM…..Do you put sand in the water pan or water or leave it empty? I have a buddy that does his in the oven and uses tooth pics to hang the jerky from the over grates……What is this stogie way you speak of?
I have sand in the pan...just cuz I never bother to empty it.
I've done it with the wooden skewers, but it's a pain.
Kevin Taylor (Stogie) has a great page on jerky.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ktaylor11/kevi.htm

Recipe with my adjustments.
4-6 lb Eye of round
1/2 t Celery Salt
1/2 t Black pepper
1 T White pepper
1/2 t Red pepper
1 T Seasoned salt
2 t Accent
1 t Garlic powder
2 T Morton tender quick
2 T Brown sugar
1/3 c Worcestershire sauce
1/3 c Soy sauce
1/3 c Barbecue sauce
1/3 c Maple syrup
1 T Cholula hot sauce
1 T Sriracha hot sauce
Cut meat in thin slices. Meat is easier to cut when partially frozen and it will cut evenly. Combine dry ingredients first, add wet ingredients, and marinate/cure for 24 hours in a sealable plastic bag. or non reactive container.

Smoke 7-8 hours at 150-160 with smoke only in the first 4 hours

The Missing Link said:
ScottyDaQ when are you going to smoked the beef jerky and don;t forget the pictures.

It's been in the fridge since I took those pics, so it's gotta be in the mornin. With the Tender Quick... it could be beef slurry if one waits too long. :grin:

I'm thinking a mix of cherry and apple for woods. :idea:

Getting there. Good aroma so far.

I wasn't able to find the cheap mesh racks anywhere. But the rack from a wok, and the rack from the Smokey Joe raised up on a couple of inverted Pizza stone carriers turned out to do the trick just fine....dunno if you can see em in the pic. There's some Yankee ingenuity fer ya. :grin: :grin: :grin: :)

That is some good looking chicken. After I showed my wife now she wants me to make some. Im going to have to try it, maybe this coming weekend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom