Good stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finney I made that some time back. I now got me a hot plate and I’m going to see if I can get a better way to cold smoke it and dry it better than the way I normally do it. I hope to be able to try it out sometime this weekend. :grin:

After burning my first try at smoking jerky, I am now thinking it's time to try again :!:

Hey Link, long time no type :eek:
How's everything?

The Missing Link said:
Finney I made that some time back. I now got me a hot plate and I’m going to see if I can get a better way to cold smoke it and dry it better than the way I normally do it. I hope to be able to try it out sometime this weekend. :grin:
The hot plate sounds like what my lectro smoker does...You might want to try saw dust lightly spritzed with water......Leave an opening in the chip pan in the middle, you will get a better smuge. Just my .02

The Missing Link said:
ScottyDaQ This is for next time try using Wood skewers to hang the jerky from that way they will cook more evenly

Thanks Link, but like I said... I tired that. I like the big flat laid out slices that a buncha racks give.

It's almost done...the photo is crappy. The dark spots are shadows from the sun.

This was after I took em off the lower 2 racks, and put em onto the upper and the smokey joe rack. There's some thicker slices on the bottom that will stay on for longer....them's fer me. :( The rest were taken off as they were ready. :!:

If case someone wants to know how much fuel...here's what I do. ....

With all 3 bottom vents shut, it should hold 140-150 with no problem. I tried going on the low end this time .. and it stayed 138 ~ 150 during the whole time.

Looks good da 'Q :grin: . I might try my next batch on the WSM thanks for the heads up on the amount of fuel.

Thanks for the education Scotty and Link. THe jerky looks real good. very impressive!

I love jerky and might have to try making some myself.

BigGQ
World Famous Butt Rubber :grin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom