Good ~$500 grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

n00b

Assistant Cook
I'm looking to buy my first grill. I'm between a Weber Spirit 310 and a Weber Genesis 310. I would really rather not spend $700, but it seems like the olden days of a grill that wasn't extremely high end providing years and years of reliable service are gone. Is there another brand that sells a good product somewhere in between these two that people recommend? It seems most reviews I read for most grills have them falling apart in short order. Thanks in advance.

Hrm, well, in that case would I be losing much by not getting the sear station of the 330 Genesis? Does the Spirit give up a lot to the Genesis if I don't need the space? If I really don't need the space, is the Spirit 210 a good grill?

I have had my Weber Spirit Series Grill since about 1992, my father first purchased it when I was just starting high school. You will get your money out of them. If you get a cheaper grill, you will find yourself replacing it after about 4 or maybe 5 years at the most. I have been extremely lucky with mine, I have not had to replace one thing on it yet. This year however I am going to invest in some new grates, and some paint. About the side burner, if you are not going to use it, don't buy the step up, it will just be wasted money on something that is not being used. I personally have 4 Weber Grills, and I use them all regularly. Buying a Weber is an investment, but it is a wise investment, because it will last a long time, and they are top end products.

Our old friend Nick use to say "buy Weber and you only buy once" or something like that, I can't guide you on size just remember you will have your Weber for a long time.

Last edited:
Had to post this, I had a Brinkman(Pro series) grill from Home Depot from 2011
Cost I think $329 on sale for $289........
I had to replace the burners twice and it rusted out so bad the wheels fell off!!!
It took(with new burners) 15-20 solid minutes to cook 2 burgers to medium and all 4 burners were on high.

With my Weber
I just cooked 2 burgers....3/4 pounders with my burners on medium/ cool in 5 minutes!!!!!!

With that setting I got 425-450 degrees on the built in thermometer
This grill is almost too fast and I have used it now for a Month!!!!

LOL!!! that is why I posted this, I love to suck some back I'm not running a restaurant

I was eyeing the 3 burner Weber last year..guess that be the Spirit model. No side burner which is fine with me because it seems to be worthless. May go get it yet. I need a new one bad.

Got this $0 grill y'all might be interested in... and it doubles as a meat/beer hauler! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• shg.jpg
    shg.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered my new Genesis E-310 through HH Gregg tonight. They can't get the Copper color in my area, only black, but they are doing 15% off until 10am tomorrow, so I figured black is good enough!

Anybody know how big the box it comes in is? I didn't want to pay to have it shipped to my house, but ship to store was free.

Last edited:
I looked at the instructions. I've restored cars. This seems harder. You'd think for all that money the instructions could include some words.

You are lucky to get that 15% off Weber grills NEVER go on sale!

As for putting it together.....meh,,,,I bought mine assembled and it's worth not saving the money just for that reason.....LOL!

Anyway have fun you will love the grill!!

So this morning I called Ace on a lark because they had the smoke color I REALLY want. I explained to them that HH Gregg was only doing the black ones and that I had it on hold. Thye told me they couldn't totally meet HH Gregg's price, but they could get within $30 and offer me free delivery. So, Saturday I'll have my new smoke colored E310 Genesis.

Cool.....I can't tell ya how great this grill is.
Tonight, I did turkey burgers , beets and asparagus..off the hook.
Sorry for no pics I had to crank this one out, the Ol lady had to take off out of town...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom