Freezing ABT's and Moinks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
Has anyone frozen or just refrigerated ABT's or Moinks for several (3-5) days and then grilled them. I'm having a party and will plan on as may as 100 - 200 of each and would like to do them in advance. The ABT's will be cream cheese, cooked sausage, rub and the Moinks will be precooked meatballs and bacon, I would plan on putting rub on the Moinks just before putting them on the grill. Seems I would be refreezing the Moinks as the meatballs are frozen and to add the bacon and a toothpick they have to be somewhat thawed.

I guess my question is how, or can I do these 3-5 days in advance, hold them safely and still have a great tasting snack?

I haven't frozen ABT's for days, but I do like to put them in the freezer after I prep them. It keeps the cream cheese from melting sooner than it should.
I don't see a problem here. I've had fully prepped ABT's frozen solid for overnight ... just let them sit out long enough so the bacon isn't still frozen.

I'd say you'd have no worries with freezing the ABT's. If you're going to have to thaw the meatballs for the moink balls, you might as well prep them the evening before you cook them and put them in the fridge. Slap some rub on 'em and let 'em soak in the flavor!

You are making me feel better. With the coring, cooking the sausage and stuffing the ABT's will take far more time than the Moinks. I will not be using bacon on the ABT's so it would help if I could make them Thursday freeze them for a Sunday, probably take them out mid-day day Sunday for a 6PM cook. I can probably con my daughters in to wrapping Moinks Saturday night and stick them in the fridge. Thanks guys.

Buzz I have made tons of ABTs (with baccon) and laid them out flat in a vacuseal bag. Vacusealed em and froze em for two months. Defrosted em and no problems. Tasted great. I might give packs for xmas gifts. The gift that keeps on giving. :LOL:

Tri Tip said:
Buzz I have made tons of ABTs (with baccon) and laid them out flat in a vacuseal bag. Vacusealed em and froze em for two months. Defrosted em and no problems. Tasted great. I might give packs for xmas gifts. The gift that keeps on giving. :LOL:

I'm going to give that a shot. My wife is not a huge fan so if I seal 'em up in packages of a dozen I'll have a gift for myself. It would really be great to have them ready long before the big party, one less item to worry about. Thanks TT!

Back
Top Bottom