Forgotted weekend wingies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
Dusted with Wolfe Rub Citrus (sniff)
Grilled indirect with KF and Orange wood...

img_182702_5_c5505a20f9aab86d4e66f540016f4320.jpg

Of Course !!!!! They had some of Scotty's wing sauce (triple dipped). This batch was a mix of Franks (base), butter, 100% Pain, Dave's Insanity Sauce, Melinda's Hab, Rev Marvin's Hot, brown sugar, & maple syrup.

There were only a handful of unsauced ones left over for the wife when she came home from being on call at the Rescue house. She was ticked ! :shock: :

(I was out of celery)

Whew looks good Scotty. Shame on you for not saving enough for Mama. Yall must be some real chile heads to go for that Insanity Sauce. I read the ingredient list and it sound like poleece peppa spray:) Know I got an old guest worker chum who works at a fruit stand which peddles the stuff. He trick some dumb gringo into scooping up a big wad of it on a taco chip and taking a bite. His throat swelled up and they had to wind up calling an ambulance for him. Nuff to make me not want none :shock:

bigwheel

Yeah. I use Dave's sparingly since it's a pure cap/extract sauce. It doesn't have much taste flavor wise, just adds a nice slight burn on the upper palette when used right with other sauces. ;)

fabulous looking wings! it would be torture for those to
be in front of me, cause ain't no way I'm eating that sauce!

Still got my Dave's Insanity in the cabinet, never opened.

I could dive right in to those they're so pretty.

Cooking question: Did you flip them when cooking or move them around?

I've always done mine indirect with the coals on both sides and I flip them every 15 minutes. Someone told me I didn't have to move them and I'd love to hear that it's true.

mar52 said:
I could dive right in to those they're so pretty.

Cooking question: Did you flip them when cooking or move them around?

I've always done mine indirect with the coals on both sides and I flip them every 15 minutes. Someone told me I didn't have to move them and I'd love to hear that it's true.

Starting with room temp wings....Grilled indirect for around an hour, bottom vent 1/3 way closed, top open (as always), turned them over to the other side about half way through. I go by color, and the appearance of the bones. I don't flip them end to end...just turn them over. The way I arrange them (big parts towards the fire, thin ones away from the fire) helps.

TLDR... Flip once.

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. Man.. I could eat wings every single day....and my colon would hate me.....But who cares! I hate my colon :twisted:

why are grilled wings bad for your colon? I thought chicken was good
for you if it isn't fried! Or is your colon reacting to insane amounts
of peppers?

Back
Top Bottom