for the gas grillers- how quickly do you go through tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
I don't know how many people here you are going to find that cook their ribs slow on a gasser.

Many of us cook our ribs slow on a smoker using lump charcoal or briquettes or wood.

Re: for the gas grillers- how quickly do you go through tank

taurus252 said:
I was wondering when slow cooking something like ribs- how many hours do people usually cook ribs for? I guess my main question is when slow cooking- does it run through your tank? I guess this is all subjective.

I haven't done ribs on a gasser in years, but I have in the past and they turn out fine. But you are missing alot of flavor from smoking. I never ran out of gas cooking ribs, keep in mind you are only going to be using one of the 3-4 burners your grill has so it will be a minimal amount of gas used. Throw in some soaked wood chips wrapped in foil directly over the flame to give you some smoke flavor. Good luck

When I did mine on the gasser, I would do them for at least 5 hrs...never foiled but didn't know about that when I was doing them. Now I would foil them for sure if I did them on the gasser.

Keep it low...do a 2-1-1 method for Babybacks and a 3-2-1 for spares...you can get a smoker box to get some smoke flavor if you want to. I think you'll find that your end result will be satisfactory! :(

Back
Top Bottom