Food Network Steak Cookoff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oct_97 said:
I watched it last night (Wife taped it). Looked like the steaks were cooked too much for me.

Its on again tonight and I agree, they look over cooked. and then they were talking about the grills being too hot when they hit the 350 degree mark. They also seem to be a bit toooo carried way with rubs and marinades, but what do I know..I just know what I like

Awful lot of lighter fluid goin' on :shock:
They only showed one team that used chimneys :shock:

yeah kinda interesting when they talk about needing an extra 30 mins to burn off that chemical taste

Bryan S said:
Griff said:
cflatt said:
yeah kinda interesting when they talk about needing an extra 30 mins to burn off that chemical taste

Puff said:
Awful lot of lighter fluid goin' on :shock:
They only showed one team that used chimneys :shock:

Rookies.

Griff
I'm thinking more like Dumb Asses. What do you expect though, they were using Kingsford. [smilie=a_doh.gif]
It's likely Kingsford is the biggest or maybe even only sponsor, so they might not even have a choice there.

I dunno...maby its just me, but I loves my beef flavor..A little s and p and garlic is all I ever put on a steak; or even my briskets for that matter. The only thing that may vary is a dip in some butter (heart healthy) if Im having surf and turf. I have used some differant pepper mixes but never a rub or sauce.

I'm with you John, I'll experiment with different rubs and steak sauces on lesser cuts of beef, but on "good" steaks, it's the K.I.S.S. system.

Bruce B said:
I'm with you John, I'll experiment with different rubs and steak sauces on lesser cuts of beef, but on "good" steaks, it's the K.I.S.S. system.

I'm with you fellers :D

if its good beef I dont want to mask it, if its not then I will mess around with flavors...I think that was driven into me growing up when we raised cattle

Scotty I think your quote from a while back of "Walking a cow through a warm kitchen" just about sums up steak doneness :D

D.Harris said:
1 / Weber Kettle
1 / Hot bed of coals
1 / Slab of dead cow of your choice
3 to 4 minutes per side

Simple & easy for me!

1 Cow
1 Sharp Knife
1 Cigarette Lighter

Add the potato & I'm set...

Latest posts

Back