Food Lion Stuffed Pork and Chicken with rice and shrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildFireEric

Senior Cook
Bruce B., any recommendations on these? I intend on grilling tonight, so anyone else is welcome to comment too. It's just that I thought Bruce might be the expert. :) Thanks...

MMMMMMM! Stuff loins! Sear first at high temp then let cook indirect until the internal gets to 160.

more pictures

ronbeaux50 said:
MMMMMMM! Stuff loins! Sear first at high temp then let cook indirect until the internal gets to 160.

Thanks for the tip!!

Here's the pictures:
(rubbing/cooking on top)

(finished ones/plating on bottom row)

They turned out well. Goal was to cook for total of 1.25 hours at 350. Grill got warmer than that, but the foil and rice kept the meats moist. Foil prevented oversmoking (20 minutes of cherry/apple smoke).

Wow, that looks great Eric. You plan on cooking that for the Anything Butt contest here in July? I understand that the judges like stuffed pork loin. ;)

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Wow, that looks great Eric. You plan on cooking that for the Anything Butt contest here in July? I understand that the judges like stuffed pork loin. ;)

As long as I don't have a few beers the night after and forget the list of ingredients. ;)

That do look fine, They sell stuff like that here too, I never tried it though

surfinsapo said:
007bond-jb said:
That do look fine, They sell stuff like that here too, I never tried it though
Yeah, they are called tursuckens.... j/k

tursuckens? Nice. I'll have to remember that.

We've all hear the term "Beef, it's whats for dinner". Not quite here. I believe in Eat More Chikin, but not from Chick-fil-A.

I had some left over ribs from the FF contest and that stuffed chicken for breakfast. Nothing like bbq sauce in the toaster oven spreading its sweet aroma all over the office at 9am (while everyone else is full from their chik-fil-A breakfast burritos.)

While everyone has their yogurt and lite mayonaise in the fridge at work, I have my apple juice and bbq sauce and alumininum foil. gotta have priorities.

I think I have stuffed everything but me in a pork loin. Although I know some people who would like to do just that.

Back
Top Bottom