First Time with the WOTG :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva Q

Executive Chef
Well I have been so busy with too many other things that tonight was the first time I had a chance to cook anything on my new Kettle.

Then after reading 007's post about honey and ribs well I decided then that tonight we would be having chops with a nice honey mustard glaze.

I needed to control the temp a little better (busy running around with kids) but overall quite nice if a bit burnt at the edges.

Served them up with some grilled vidalia onions, vegetables and Oh my goodness the worst rice I have ever had in my life. For the first time ever I bought some minute rice. IMHO - That stuff has no taste no texture ugh. I think I will stick to my old fashioned long and medium grain rices.

Pics:

Minute Rice was the only rice we fixed at home when I was a kid. I didn't know rice could be good until we started going to the lone Chinese restaurant in town (a walk-up) for take-out chop suey.

--John 8)
(Imagine a small Midwestern town in the '40s and '50s -- we didn't know anything about exotic food. :( )

Finney said:
JamesB said:
Looks good enough to eat! Where did ya get your salt cellar?

James.

Looks like she stole it from Alton Brown. :shock:

You guys are right on the money as they say. That is an Alton Brown salt cellar. I had been looking for one saw his show years ago then ordered one from his old website.

Works just great for my sea salts and kosher.

The slices were just really the vidalias cut in half nice and thick

James did you see they now come in different colors??

didn't have that option when I bought mine. ALso those plunger type of measuring cups are great too.

Pampered Chef also makes those plungers for a lot less than Alton and so does a store called Padernos.

I have a couple too.

I love my kitchen gadgets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom