first cook on BGE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
I decided to do something simple the first time to get a feel for how it cooks, etc. and to burn out any leftover stuff from the manufacturing process. So I just fired it up and let it hum for a while. Twenty minutes after I started it, the temp was 650*. I'm convinced it could sustain a lot higher temp if wanted. Outside temp was 10*.

I grilled a couple of fillets for New Years Eve dinner.

Happy New Year to all.

Griff

Great looking grub Griff! What's the side dish? Looks like some kinda potatos and maybe nuts??

I cooked a few times on a BGE but never throught about going high for steaks..nice Griff.

Gator

Thanks guys. My wife totally surprised me this year with BGE. I'd have never guessed. It's the large BGE and yep, I used lump. Larry, the side dish is a pear salad (pear chunks, honey and orange juice mixed, pecans and crumbled blue cheese).

Griff

Nice job Griff. Dizzy pig does a lot of hot grilling on his. Maybe when I hit the lottery I will get one of those too.

Looks to me like you'll be keepin' that BGE. :D Good looking first product.

--John 8)
(Are you going to get one of those big wood tables for it? so you're less likely to knock it over? ;) )

Congratulations! I've been eyeing ceramic cookers primarily for grilling/roasting purposes. Keep us up to date on how you like it.

Great cookers.but a bit expensive.No replacement parts needed and if used for low and slow ,lump goes a long way.These are a one time investment,you will be giving it to your kids in your will.Yes I may be a bit biased but they are great cookers.
Aaron

Aaron said:
Great cookers.but a bit expensive.No replacement parts needed and if used for low and slow ,lump goes a long way.These are a one time investment,you will be giving it to your kids in your will.Yes I am sponsored by BGE so I may be a bit biased but they are great cookers.
Aaron
Dizzy Pig Canada

Aaron,
Thanks for the info. I wish they were a little bigger. The largest tend to 18". I'd love to add one to my collection, though.

001Kamado1Large.jpg

How big do you need?8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom