Finney's Rub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Well I had the chance to try Chris's rubs the other day on some chicken and steak http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... orum=bbq4u. I used rub #1 on the steak and rub #2 on chicken thighs. Both rubs were great! Rub 1 was very spicy like Chris had said. He said it would also have a citrus flavor to it also but the heat over powered the citrus flavor. I think this rub would taste good on butts or brisket but will be lost on ribs or chicken. Rub #2 was one of the best rubs I ever tasted. It had a carabian flavor to it that was perfect with the chicken. I'd bet it would taste equally as good on ribs. The heat is perfect ( at least for me), it hits you as an afterburner which is the way I like it. I also glazed the chicken with "Saucy Susan" whick is sweet. The combo was great! I don't think this rub would be too good with brisket or butts because I think it might get lost if it's in the smoke that long. I would definitly buy this and use it on chicken or ribs. Great combo of heat and sweet. Thanks Chris!

Back
Top Bottom