Fennel Chicken Cutlets and Avocado Orange Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Don Cash

Senior Cook
Tried something new tonight...a pan sauce on the grill. Never made one before so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Fennel marinated chicken (ground fennel, olive oil, lemon juice and S&P) and the sauce fixins (minced shallot, white Rioja, thyme, Dijon, S&P and butter). I didn't have a small enough non non-stick saute pan for the grill so I improvised with a sauce pan.

img_236014_0_b20a4c0517cb428eff220c3ba9fd3f2a.jpg

The little one was sick today and the girls stayed home so Leigh-Ann got the chicken marinating while I was at work. When I went to put the chicken on they were cutlets and not whole B/S breasts as I had expected...totally changed the cook mid-stream. I wanted to cook them long, indirect with one in the pan with a little oil to start the pan sauce. Didn't work out as planned because they were cutlets but I kept on going anyway...

img_236014_1_bdb4d7057748560d9cfc35ffcf2d3c7a.jpg

Chicken and sauce off. Sorry no pics of the sauce being cooked but it went pretty fast and I didn't have time to snap any photos.

img_236014_2_4f2449629caaff617570cf0c08c4d339.jpg

Plated with a Avocado, Cilantro, Orange and Romaine Salad dressed with Lime-Cumin Dressing.

img_236014_3_8c545ebd699d41c38580459c816d2822.jpg

The sauce experiment went pretty well. It would have been better with a little more chicken goodness stuck to the pan...next time!

Thanks for looking.

SCORE!!! Great improvising! Not sure what looks better, the chicken or the salad?? Awww heck just get me a couple plates to decide!!!

Did you dress the salad with anything or just with the juice from the orange? I love stuff like this!!

Wow, that looks good! I say grab me a tortilla and I'll wrap everything up on that plate and eat it.

Nice job, Don.

Thanks, Guys!

Larry Wolfe said:
Did you dress the salad with anything or just with the juice from the orange?
Lime-Cumin Dressing
1/4cup lime juice
2small cloves garlic , minced
1 medium jalapeño chile , minced (about 1 tablespoon)
1teaspoon cumin seed , toasted
1teaspoon grated orange zest
1/4cup olive oil

Back
Top Bottom