EATS to mourn another OSU Football loss.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckeye_Nut

Senior Cook
A 3.26lb Angus arm roast will be on the fire soon....
img_244458_0_9c4cc05bd141e22e47a4f97b2a9eacc3.jpg

I figure this will be a good starting point towards recovery!

Captain Morgan said:
what's an arm roast? I thought cows had legs?

Angus Arm roast.........that's what the butcher called it!! .....and I'm not changing my story!!! HEH

Both sides are seared and now it's grillin' on indirect heat...........
img_244460_0_5cf84fe61b5346a9f2ad58d6fb030b8d.jpg

Internal is 130 now. I will probably take it to 140 or a couple degrees more before removing because I don't want my wife and daughter complain that it's too rare. If it was up to me, I'd remove it now.......

It would be my guess you could blame most of your losses on a certain tattoo parlor.... Atleast supper looks good!

I got a thumbs up from 'the girls'...........I guess it wasn't too raw. LOL I removed it from the fire at 140.
img_244480_0_53f5bf59601d47fac90254f272800962.jpg

Tonight was movie night...my wife/daughter and I watched Green Lantern.....then my wife and I watched Horrible bosses....LOL...pretty funny.
Fun night....(after a horrible loss)

PS
If there is any consolation, my daughters HS FB team (she's a cheerleader) is playing in the Missouri state 6A(big school) semi finals next week. they're rollin'.......We'll be making the KC to St. Lou trip next week to watch them play. They play nasty shut-down defense and run for 200-300yds a game and can throw downfield when they need to. My kind of team!! LOL
(reminds me of what OSU should be)

That does look good. In fact it looks so good that if I could find a cow's arm (angus or not) I'd sure like to try and duplicate it. :D

PS
If there is any consolation, my daughters HS FB team (she's a cheerleader) is playing in the Missouri state 6A(big school) semi finals next week. they're rollin'.......We'll be making the KC to St. Lou trip next week to watch them play. They play nasty shut-down defense and run for 200-300yds a game and can throw downfield when they need to. My kind of team!! LOL
Good luck to them.
I love watching high school football better than I like any other football. Well, maybe the "Pee Wee" league or whatever they call the little kids that are just learning. Their first shot at any sports. Awkward as hell, but they really give it everything that they have got. ;)

BOB

I hope it was the more tender left handed cow arm. The right handed arms tend to be chewy I think.

Bob In Fla. said:
That does look good. In fact it looks so good that if I could find a cow's arm (angus or not) I'd sure like to try and duplicate it. :D

PS
Good luck to them.
I love watching high school football better than I like any other football. Well, maybe the "Pee Wee" league or whatever they call the little kids that are just learning. Their first shot at any sports. Awkward as hell, but they really give it everything that they have got. ;)

BOB
thanks bob......my kids team won state......WOOOO!!!!! We won the semi.....and on to the big game!!

Our team was 11-2 facing a 13-0 team that steamrolled everyone they faced.......and we beat them! It was a fantastic game/night for the family.....WOW..whatta' day!! This is my first experience as a parent going through this, and I have to admit it was more fun that I ever thought it could be. I was so happy for those kids.... they lost a couple tough games against strong competition early in the year, but they proved to be unbeatable down the stretch..........good stuff!!

My daughters team played a brutal schedule........they beat 5 teams that finished top10 in the state en-route to their state championship!!!
(their 2 regular season losses finished on that 10 ten list)...one received payback in the playoffs!! LOL
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/bl ... e_rankings
Missouri State Rankings
# School Rating Record Mov
1 Blue Springs South (Blue Springs, MO) 59.2 12-2 +1
2 Christian Brothers (St. Louis, MO) 55.7 13-1 -1
3 Webb City (MO) 55.4 15-0 +3
4 Rockhurst (Kansas City, MO) 53.8 10-2 +1
5 Staley (Kansas City, MO) 53.7 14-0 --
6 Jefferson City (MO) 52 8-2 -3
7 Lee's Summit West (Lee's Summit, MO) 46 12-2 +2
8 Rock Bridge (Columbia, MO) 45.3 7-4 +5
9 Howell (St. Charles, MO) 45 9-4 +1
10 Blue Springs (MO) 44.1 7-3 +4
11 Kirkwood (MO) 43.3 12-2 -4

......of course, #1 is my daughters school. they beat #2 in the title game, and 4(redemption win), 7, 8, and 9 along the way....good stuff!!

Hehehe....gloating dad here!!

Back
Top Bottom