Deep Dish Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
My attempt at a Chicago style deep dish.

Used a store bought dough, made my one pizza sauce and the ingredients I added to the pizza were from bottom to top. Greased pan liberally with olive oil, pizza dough, mozzarella cheese, peperoni, sliced garlic stuffed green olives, mushrooms, hot Italian sausage, and pizza sauce topped with Parmesan cheese.

Pie made and ready to hit the grill

Put the pie on directly over the coals for 5 minutes then moved direct.
and let the pizza cook for about 15 minutes

Turned the CI skillet 180 and cooked for another 15 minutes. Pie done.

Pie popped out of the skillet nice and easy.

Let it cool down for approx 20 minutes and sliced her up. Not as pretty as I had hoped but the taste was there, really happy at how it turned out. Thanks for lookin!!

V, looks good. Looks like a pan tossed crust, I have a great recipe for a deep dish crust that you might want to try.

Looks mighty yummy. This is some of my feeble efforts from day before yesterday.

Attachments

• pizza2.jpg
    pizza2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 218
  • pizza1.jpg
    pizza1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
OK, I gotta try this. I used to make a pretty good pizza dough, but I guess "practice makes perfect" is the truth and I didn't make any for a couple of years and then the next 3 tries were disasters!
Guess I'll try climbing back on that horse again...or try the bigwheel methods.

Who is this Bigwheel who keeps posting pictures? ;)
I guess ya can teach an old horse new tricks, huh? Or has the wheel's account been hacked?

Awesome pics as usual V! I have done deep dish pizza out of the oven but never on the grill. What has been recommended to me since the pie is so deep and which has worked well, is to layer the ingredients. Start with a layer of sauce on the bottom, then I like to add meat such as pepperoni, sausage and Canadian bacon, then add cheese and repeat 2 more times. I have had good results with veggie type as well. Makes me want to go to Chicago for some research!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom