Craigslist Score

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unity said:
I'm sorta watching this one like a vulture, even though I don't need it. :roll:

--John 8)

I wouldn't "watch it" if I were you...it's not an auction like Ebay....very few people even bother to post if something gets sold on Craigslist. I am forever sending emails or calling about stuff on there only to find it's gone already.

Kinda aggrevating that they don't bother to remove the ad or mark it sold.

Some great deals can be had on Craigslist!

Unity said:
I'm sorta watching this one like a vulture, even though I don't need it. :roll:

--John 8)

John,
I wouldn't watch that, I'd be ON IT! With a rotisserie AND the grill for $120 :shock: I'd be all over that in a heartbeat.

I've posted stuff for sale on Craigslist and like SJ said, if it's hot, people will jump on it. I sold a computer desk, wheelbarrow, lawn spreader AND a Sony big screen TV all in 1 weekend! If it's not gone by now John, I'd pick it up!

Called the guy and picked up the Performer tonight! Found out he replaced it with a Primo XL! Nice lookin cooker, someone around here's got one of those, don't they?? :LOL:

I was checking the Minneapolis section and there was an older 22" weber for $15. I already have a Genesis gasser but want to get into charcoal. Any thoughts? Or just go new?

SteerCrazy said:
Called the guy and picked up the Performer tonight! Found out he replaced it with a Primo XL! Nice lookin cooker, someone around here's got one of those, don't they?? :LOL:

Well even though he bought a better grill to replace the Performer, the Performer is still a great grill and I'm debating on selling mine.........

Larry Wolfe said:
SteerCrazy said:

Well even though he bought a better grill to replace the Performer, the Performer is still a great grill and I'm debating on selling mine.........
I'll give you $15 for it. ;)

dledmo said:
I was checking the Minneapolis section and there was an older 22" weber for $15. I already have a Genesis gasser but want to get into charcoal. Any thoughts? Or just go new?

dledmo, you can't beat that price unless it's rusted up. You can always replace the grates, wheels, handles, etc....Did they post any pics of it??

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:
SteerCrazy said:

I'll give you $15 for it. ;)
$20 :D

Remember the craigslisted Performer I was watching, the one with the rotisserie? Picked it up tonight. He originally listed it for $120 and I offered $100. Then it went missing for a week or so and came back at $150. I offered him his original $120 price and he took it. The grill is very, very nice. All the pieces are there and in great shape. The gas cylinder is full. It came with a cover. He said he used the rotisserie once, and the chicken was good but it took more time and effort than he expected, so he never used it again. I asked how long he'd had it -- 8 yrs, but it really doesn't look it. Thanks for prodding me, guys. Now, who's going to come explain to my wife why I really needed another Weber grill? :LOL:

--John 8)
(There's an 18 1/2" kettle up by Baltimore for $10, looks pretty good ... :roll: )

Unity said:
Remember the craigslisted Performer I was watching, the one with the rotisserie? Picked it up tonight. He originally listed it for $120 and I offered $100. Then it went missing for a week or so and came back at $150. I offered him his original $120 price and he took it. The grill is very, very nice. All the pieces are there and in great shape. The gas cylinder is full. It came with a cover. He said he used the rotisserie once, and the chicken was good but it took more time and effort than he expected, so he never used it again. I asked how long he'd had it -- 8 yrs, but it really doesn't look it. Thanks for prodding me, guys. Now, who's going to come explain to my wife why I really needed another Weber grill? :LOL:

--John 8)
(There's an 18 1/2" kettle up by Baltimore for $10, looks pretty good ... :roll: )
We have 10 grills/smokers/outdoor cooking things here..... :roll:
they are like jello there is always room for more

Back
Top Bottom