Craigslist Score

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found an offset yesterday for $50.00 that is about it.

I don't want it though so I passed the info on to a few others.

Unity said:
knine said:
What area do yall look under for the BBQ pits ?
I've just been putting in "Weber grill" without specifying where to search. They show up in unexpected categories sometimes.

--John 8)

I 2nd that or just put in Weber cause sometimes a WSM might pop up!

Griff said:
That porterhouse just done just right. Are those cast iron grates on top of the regular grill?
That's a complete insert -- the wire grill is open in the center and only surrounds the iron.

--John 8)
(I'm gonna like this grill. :D )

wittdog said:
can you snap a pic of the grate with the insert out?
I just happen to have such a pic. :D

First, the cast iron grate. Then the space it fills. Note the underslung rods it rests on. Next, same thing from the side. Last, an enameled, perforated steel tray (needs washing :roll:) that can fill the same space for stuff that would be harder to deal with on the grate. It's a 3-sided "box" -- the near edge is raised, the far edge flush, for spatulaing, I guess.

After Griff asked I started looking online, and I can't find this kind of setup for a Performer anywhere. One person on a board thought they were a Home Depot exclusive, but they're not there now, at least not online. I guess I got a special deal, huh? :D

--John 8)

Thats pretty neat...looks like a home fab job maybe...I have one of the preforated grates....and a couple of castiron grates for the chepo kingsford..the grill is on the flismy side but the grates were nice....

Griff said:
Wow, I've never seen one like that. Do the vents have one of those stamps that tell you the year of manufacture?
The guy I bought it from said about 8 years, so probably pre-2000. Other than the patent number on the top vent, the only number I notice is "8100" on the panel with the gas starter instructions. The grill's a one-touch, so there aren't any bowl vents. Anybody know where to look?

--John 8)
(Gotta tell ya, that cast iron grate is n-i-i-i-i-ce! :D )

wittdog said:
Thats pretty neat...looks like a home fab job maybe...I have one of the preforated grates....and a couple of castiron grates for the chepo kingsford..the grill is on the flismy side but the grates were nice....
The seller is not a home-fab kind of guy. Not that much into grilling, either.

--John 8)

Back
Top Bottom