Crab legs on grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigGQ

Sous Chef
Tried it tonight...don't recomend it. Shell was dry and easy to crack but meat was not as moist as when you steam them. I will stay with my steamer.

Finney is right. They kill, cook and freeze crab real fast. I either steam, microwave, or boil 'em. Actually, I like boiling the best and I've gone through a lot of king crab. My bro-in-law fished 'em for years. He always brought me a 50# box at the end of the season. Good eats.

Griff

Did you soak the Crab legs in water before you grilled them? I soak them in water and them cook covered with an al pan on medium heat.I like doing them that way JM .02

Finney said:
Microwave is about the best way to reheat them. Because... after all... that's what you're doing. They've already been cooked. Long before you bought them.

Yeah that's what AB says, but I like them steamed in a pot with just a little bit of water in the bottom.

Griff said:
Finney is right. They kill, cook and freeze crab real fast. I either steam, microwave, or boil 'em. Actually, I like boiling the best and I've gone through a lot of king crab. My bro-in-law fished 'em for years. He always brought me a 50# box at the end of the season. Good eats.

Griff

I love king crab legs....do you think your brother in law could befriend us here and hook us up??

jshively said:
Unless they are fresh do not do them that way. Most ones you buy are already cooked. Fresh lobster on the grill is a good thing though.

The hardest part about doing them fresh is hearing the little bugger running around on the grill for the first couple of minutes.
:lmao:

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
I love king crab legs....do you think your brother in law could befriend us here and hook us up??

He's retired from king crab fishing. It's a young man's job. He fishes salmon and halibut now.

Griff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom