Country style ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vajeepin

Assistant Cook
Ok gonna fire up the smoker for the first time tomorrow ever never smoked before any tips for this one
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373565893.442794.jpg
Gonna cook some pork ribs with grill mates smokin Texas BBQ rub on it
Before the rub
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373565862.826257.jpg
After the rub
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373565825.609479.jpg

03 renegade

Looks good. Dont cook them often but they seems hard to mess up. Keep the heat reasonable 250 or maybe medium on the dial. Have you drilled any holes in the firepan so the fire can breathe a bit? They peddle those things with a solid firepan these days. They have trouble making any heat. In an ideal world it needs a hole about the size of a quarter direct in the bottom. Thats how they used to come from the factory then some dumb yup burned down his wooden deck when a hot coal fell out of the hole. Everybody has to pay the price for stupidity huh? Also once you get the hole drilled be ready to give the pan a vigorous occasional shake with a pair of pliers to make the dead ashes fall on out..or that smothers the fire too. Keep us posted.

Thanks man I will be sure to put a hole in it then and just keep an eye in it not gonna bun my deck down lol and I will post some after pics also it says to keep them wrapped in foil should I do this

03 renegade

What are they saying should be wrapped in foil? The meat maybe? If so yes a person could do that to finish. Thinking a half inch hole in the bottom should work for air..or you could drill several smaller ones. Mine has been turned into a specialized high heat chicken blaster. The fire pan on it looks like a swiss cheese. Assuming you know that country style ribs aint really ribs? The ones we get are thick sliced boston butt. Now a person can occaionally find real country style ribs which are the boney point of a loin and kissing cousins to pork steak. Dont see those often but they are good too. You have sliced butt I think.

Yea it says wrapped while the cook but wouldn't that defeat the smoker I fell maybe sit in open foil so they can hold the juice and flavor and get the smoke

03 renegade

And forgive me for not knowing I went off what that package said I'm new at smoking normally just grill burgers steak and stuff

03 renegade

Would wait till later in the game to wrap..if a person is going to wrap. Wrapping from the start would not be good. A general strategy for pork spare ribs is what is called the 3-2-1 method. Which is 3 on the fire..2 in the foil usually with a little liquid..and an hour to rest in an insulated box (empty ice chest) then out of the foil and back on the fire for a final glaze. A person should be able to follow that general game plan on Country Style ribs too. The suggested times are general guides depending on the size of the racks etc. For the wrapping liquid a little apple cider or juice (Treetop brand) mixed with a little brown sugar works well. For a finishing glaze a good tomato based sauce spiked with a little honey or pure maple syrup works well. Check out this link and keep it handy. Very useful info on most bbq related topics.

FAQ OF THE INTERNET BBQ LIST

And they are cooked mine with just the rub ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373672767.011010.jpg

The wife's she wanted bbq sauce on hers with the rub
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373672881.413959.jpg

And with my special asparagus boiled in butter and beer until soft
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373672988.555168.jpg

03 renegade

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom