Cliffy Burgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Thought I would share my technique for preping some burgers.

I am sure there is a press for doing this but a few years back I spied a cook in a local joint pressing patties out between two plates and I have been doing it that way ever since.

A little mix and mash.

One Touch Silver and Kingsford in action.

Supper Time.

Wife has a burger press. Good with 5oz of 80% lean. I prefer the hand method myself....something less to have to wash :) But, those burgers do look pretty darn good. Might have to find my teflon tape so I can hook my gasser up again. :eek:

Very nice indeed Cliff! Man I have a craving for a nice burger right about now! I'm gonna try the plate method too, that's pretty clever!

DATsBBQ said:
Wife has a burger press. Good with 5oz of 80% lean. I prefer the hand method myself....something less to have to wash :) But, those burgers do look pretty darn good. Might have to find my teflon tape so I can hook my gasser up again. :eek:

Have to agree with Dat's, prefer the hand method or I just let my wife do it :LOL:

Well hate to agree with Steer Crazy on anything of course:)..but wifey burgers is purty hard to beat. Used to have a set of tupperware patty makers which worked very well too. Had fairly precise portion control for a volume type measuring device and they was stackable..freezable..give about the the right compression rate etc. Used em a bunch when we run the pool hall/arcade up in Wilbarger County. You could make up a wad and if they didnt sell just stick em the freezer till the morrow. Dont think they make em anymore is the only problemo. Will have to try the plate deal when the little bride has a headache or whutever. Thanks.

bigwheel

I could eat one of those right now!

I have two of those Tupperware patty maker/freezers that BW was talking about. If I'm making burgers for a crowd and want them more uniform in size/shape, I use it but just for the four of us, I make them by hand. Less dishes to wash that way!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom