Citrus Wings and Jerk Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Grilled up some wings last night on the Jr. using some of the new Citrus Wolfe Rub and did some pork skewers with Knox's Jerk Seasoning. The chicken wings seemed to be fairly flavorless last night with the new Citrus, very disappointing..........but I took them to work today and had them for lunch and shared them with two co-workers. I was surprised at the flavor today, versus last night. It really came through and they tasted pretty good. The citrus flavor was mild and not overpowering, it could have been a little stronger. They had a decent subtle heat as well. I think I'm getting close, but I don't think I'm 100% there yet. It was incredible on the fish, but seemed to lose it's punch on the chicken??

It all looks good to me. Can't wait to try the WRC for myself.
Larry the first batch I tried was awesome on chicken :?
:scratch

why would the flavor be stronger the next day? Make two kinds then.. One for off the grill and the other for leftovers...never know, might be a hit!! :D

surfinsapo said:
why would the flavor be stronger the next day? Make two kinds then.. One for off the grill and the other for leftovers...never know, might be a hit!! :D

Heck if I know??? This is the hardest rub I've ever tried to get right!

Looks great Larry. I have your rubs here and have only had time to stick my finger in them (been bustin it lately). I see why everyone loves them so much, very nice. Will probably be using one on a 3 lb loin this weekend and am getting excited about it. Hope you enjoyed our Jerk Rub.

bknox said:
Looks great Larry. I have your rubs here and have only had time to stick my finger in them (been bustin it lately). I see why everyone loves them so much, very nice. Will probably be using one on a 3 lb loin this weekend and am getting excited about it. Hope you enjoyed our Jerk Rub.

Brian, the Jerk rub was great! I rubbed some strips of pork with oil and coated liberally with Knox Jerk Seasoning and let them marinade in the fridge for about an hour and then grilled! Excellent flavor and very aromatic!!

Back
Top Bottom