Citrus Chipotle Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
Made a marinade with citrus and tequila and no it was not for my brain. We made sangria for that. I thought it was pretty good but if anybody has a great and authentic sangria recipe I would appreciate it.

Citrus Chipotle Marinade
1 cup orange juice
1/3 cup Reverend Marvin's Original Mustard Based BBQ sauce or yellow mustard if your out.
1/4 cup Tequila
2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
1 Tablespoon Knox's Chipotle BBQ Dry Rub
1.5 teaspoons fresh ground coriander
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

I took the left over marinade and reduced it adding a 1/2 teaspoon of starch and water to make glaze which I used the last 10 minutes of cook time.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W2Y8GljUiFw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W2Y8GljUiFw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

We also made mustard greens with bacon and garlic, brown rice with tomatoes and roasted corn with habanero butter. It's sad, because as I write this, a couple days later, I am eating Ramen noodles and drinking water. Oh well.

Good lookin meal ya conjured up there Bryan, that chicken looked real good. How many shots did you have while making the video? :P

The Sangria recipe I used was not as good as I had hoped. Although it was better than the store bought sangria while it was fresh, the next day it was a bit bitter from all the orange and lemon slices. Below is the next recipe for sangria I am going to test out. From what I can gather, sangria is something Spaniards make from cheap wine. Also from my recent experience I would double alcohol but only half again the other ingredients.

Sangria

• 1 Bottle of red (burgandy)
• 1 Orange
• 1 Lemon
• 1 Apple (optional)
• 4 tsp of sugar
• 1 64 oz. pitcher
• Ice
• 4 shots brandy

Cut your oranges and lemons (and apples if you like) into small pieces

Squeeze the juice from Orange and Lemon in the pitcher and toss them in.

Next, add the 4 shots of brandy to the pitcher and then stir in the 4 tsp of sugar. Stir until dissolved.

Fill the pitcher with ice

Finally, add the red wine to the pitcher and stir until well mixed.

Enjoy!

That looks good Bryan!!! It's amazing what you can use Tequila for!!! I used to drive to Mexico and get the real good stuff and put it in the freezer... I said used to... Your videos are awesome too man!! Keep them coming!!!!

bknox said:
The Sangria recipe I used was not as good as I had hoped. Although it was better than the store bought sangria while it was fresh, the next day it was a bit bitter from all the orange and lemon slices. Below is the next recipe for sangria I am going to test out. From what I can gather, sangria is something Spaniards make from cheap wine. Also from my recent experience I would double alcohol but only half again the other ingredients.

Sangria

• 1 Bottle of red (burgandy)
• 1 Orange
• 1 Lemon
• 1 Apple (optional)
• 4 tsp of sugar
• 1 64 oz. pitcher
• Ice
• 4 shots brandy

Cut your oranges and lemons (and apples if you like) into small pieces

Squeeze the juice from Orange and Lemon in the pitcher and toss them in.

Next, add the 4 shots of brandy to the pitcher and then stir in the 4 tsp of sugar. Stir until dissolved.

Fill the pitcher with ice

Finally, add the red wine to the pitcher and stir until well mixed.

Enjoy!

Thanks my brotha! :D

I don't care what else you use, you put 4 shots of brandy in it it'll be good. Nice looking chicken. Do you remember any of it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom