Citrus Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I grilled a 5 lb spatchcocked chicken last night loaded up with Wolfe Rub Citrus (test batch). Grilled at 325* for an hour and a half. The flavor was pretty dang good if I say so myself. A nice fresh fruity, herbal, slightly sweet flavor. My 5 year old kept asking everyone if she could eat everyones chicken skin! She's my best and worst critic! She eats WRO on pringles, but she'll also tell me if she doesn't like something! So with her approval, that means I'm getting close on this!!

With a lil practice yer gonna be a pretty damn fine cook one day Boy.

I love split chickens. Yummm

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Mike Hedrick":y6zz5efi]With a lil practice yer gonna be a pretty damn fine cook one day Boy.

:scratch[/quote:y6zz5efi]

I was fun'n ya bro
Sorry it didn't work.

Food looks good man and yer a fine cook.

Mike Hedrick said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":49381bi0][quote="Mike Hedrick":49381bi0]With a lil practice yer gonna be a pretty damn fine cook one day Boy.

:scratch[/quote:49381bi0]

I was fun'n ya bro
Sorry it didn't work.

Food looks good man and yer a fine cook.[/quote:49381bi0]

It worked, I was pulling your leg off! :shock:

bige1 said:
chicken looks great larry...are you gonna try the new citrus rub on anything else?

That's the second time on chicken and I've done it on tuna. The tuna was by far the bst. I gott a lot of samples floating around and I'm waiting to hear back from the guinea pigs.

Cliff H. said:
Good looking yard bird Larry. Are you keeping the same amount of heat in this mix ?

The heat is toned down on this batch. Most of the first reviews I got from the first batch were that it was too spicy.

Nice looking birds Larry! Sounds like you had a lot better luck than I with using citrus in a rub, I wanted to call mine "Asian Orange". I caught a lot of flack for that. I had a terrible time with it and finally shelved the idea. I got tired of eating the poor results. Hopefuly we will see it available to the public soon!

Back
Top Bottom