Churrasco aka Brazilian BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Well, after making the Muffs.. I was so full I couldn't walk so I waited till sunday to make the Churrasco. The only seasoning is Salt. I used lump & a few comp briquettes for the fire. The skewers fit perfect on my Offset smoker grill area. I jacked up the coals with two pieces of fire brick. I used chicken breasts, rump roast & beef short ribs along with sausage.. Next time I am going to used Ribeye,fillet Mignon, etc... It was about 100 outside so I really had no business grill....Enjoy the pics & flick

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/p/69BEE0F39C5C9E62&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/p/69BEE0F39C5C9E62&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="505" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

SANY0029.JPG

SANY0033.JPG

SANY0035.JPG

SANY0038.JPG

SANY0040.JPG

SANY0045.JPG

SANY0048.JPG

SANY0052.JPG

SANY0055.JPG

SANY0057.JPG

SANY0058.JPG

SANY0059.JPG

SANY0060.JPG

SANY0062.JPG

SANY0063.JPG

This is the Q you mentioned in one of my previous posts. Great photos now I can try this one. Looks delicious surfinsapo! Got to get me some of those flat bladed skewers.

:D

Hey all the high dollar Brazillion places up here uses gas. Also dont be carrying them swords around with ya. Hate to see mi amigos in the Nueces County Jail for carrying prohibited weapons. Each one of them shiska bobbers prob be a separate charge.

bigwheel

SS, Love that Brazillian BBQ! You ever grill chicken hearts. That's pretty big in rural Brazil. I will have to look up the recipe I brought back and shoot it over to you. Its really good and what we ate while the big chunks of meat were cooking. Your posts always make hungry. :D

dei1c3 said:
That looks fantastic. I love Churrasco but have never made it.

Watching your video makes me wonder if I am doing something wrong when I am direct grilling. If I tried what you did, I'd be dealing with flare ups during almost the entire time and end up with black on the outside, raw on the inside. Any tips on avoiding this?

Super Hot coals.. the grease will vaporize and won't catch on fire..Same as the infrared grill....

Now when Emeril made this stuff he claimed it was brined in something and even gave the recipe. Or maybe that was Venezulean style baggy pants type gaucho food. Who knows? Now I aint never heard about this high heat no flare up deal. For direct cooking without flareups I am a firm believer in distance from the fire and air intake control. If it cant get any air it aint gonna flare much and if you far enough away with the meat it aint going to hurt anything if it does. I am apparently missing some part of this puzzle.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Now when Emeril made this stuff he claimed it was brined in something and even gave the recipe. Or maybe that was Venezulean style baggy pants type gaucho food. Who knows? Now I aint never heard about this high heat no flare up deal. For direct cooking without flareups I am a firm believer in distance from the fire and air intake control. If it cant get any air it aint gonna flare much and if you far enough away with the meat it aint going to hurt anything if it does. I am apparently missing some part of this puzzle.

bigwheel
Mr. Wheel, come down here to Corpus and I'll show you after the fire ban is lifted. The grease dripping go up in smoke(vaporize).. it's all physics you know. Rustle any cattle lately? ;)

SS

No cattle wrestling on this end. That just a nasty rumor most likely. I also did not punch any doggies.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom