Chuck steaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You eating all of those by yourself? Or is Simba the Wonder Dog loving life? Nice! I'd kill YOU for a piece of that corn!

your corn should be in by now..if not, soon.

I paid 8 bucks for the meat. Ate 2 last night for dinner, one for breakfast,
one remains for tomorrows breakfast. gotta love chucks.

very nice!!! I finally found some chuck eyes last weekend, tomorrow is the first time I'll get a chance to cook them.

What is the difference between chuck steak and chuck roast? Chuck roast is something I do often in the winter and it is a cut that takes a low and slow technique which I like to finish with a higher temp finish to give some crust to the meat.

Chuck Eye Steaks are cut right next to the rib eye steak. Chuck eyes are the 'poor mans' rib eye!

Chuck Steaks are cut right next to the Chuck Eye Steak but is not as tender.

Bottom line, they all come from the chuck primal, just from different areas of the chuck.

Could someone please tell me where the outside tender strip of beef that encircles one side of the ribeye comes from ?

And don't say a cow. I haven't had but two cups of coffee this morning

Cliff H. said:
Could someone please tell me where the outside tender strip of beef that encircles one side of the ribeye comes from ?

And don't say a cow. I haven't had but two cups of coffee this morning

The top loin.

Thanks Larry. You are the first person, virtual or otherwise who has been able to answer that question.

Back to the chuck steak discussion .

I'm looking at the short loin on a chart and it seems to house several cuts. All the good ones.

I wonder what steak cut (if any) that strip from the short loin would be called at the meat counter ?

Back
Top Bottom