Chuck Eyesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Last night I threw together a lil marinade for some Chuck Eye Steaks I picked up the other day. I don't see them very often and when I saw these I grabbed them.
So I got home this evening and lit up the Bubba Keg and tossed on some halved potatoes and a couple of foil wrapped potatoes to go along with the chuck eyes and some steamed and seasoned green beans. I don't know if it was the marinade or the meat but, they came out fantastically tender and juicy.

img_240466_0_43f55ebd453269bb66cedc260ff9dce0.jpg

They kind of puffed up and made a nice crusty layer on the sliced side. Very good!
img_240466_1_17fcf2234785465bef3d13058a6aa082.jpg

For a somewhat inexpensive cut of meat, these were really good!
img_240466_2_04dfb1e0d7550ec6023c59167397ee6f.jpg

JIMMYJAM said:
Those look mighty tasty, marinade a recipe or home spun?

Marinade was something I just made up.

1/2 cup olive oil
1/8 cup worchestershire
good amout of granulated garlic
2-3 Tblsp. Cane vinager(you could use basalmic)
2-3 Tblsp sea salt
2 tblsp black pepper
Parsley flakes
a lil honey

Mix well, put steaks in zip bag and pour in marinade. Refrigerate and turn a few times over time marinating. Grill over hot charcoal 2 min, flip, 2 min flip, 2 min flip, 2 min flip and DONE!

Captain Morgan said:
I like the sliced tater pics, gonna try that.

Any tips about that?

Wash the potatoes good(I do cause I eat the skins and all). Cut in half(you can do this in quarters also)and season with whatever you like(I used granulated garlic, sea salt parsley and black pepper). Put them cut side down on the hot grate. Leave there 15-20 minutes then flip over. I had the grill about 350-375*. Because of the type of grill cooking time can vary. when almost done I painted with olive oil and granulated garlic on ech side and let brown till I liked it. Some will puff up because the starchy cut side is sealed. Makes a crispy outer layer. Serve however you like them. I just sliced and used butter. Enjoy!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom