Chuck Eye's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I'd never had this cut of steak, but Scotty talks about them all the time and turned me onto them. I always assumed any cut of meat that was from the chuck was tough, until now. I rubbed two of them with Wolfe Rub Bold and the other two with kosher salt and black pepper. Grilled 4 minutes per side and they cut like butter and melted in your mouth! Very similar to a rib eye, but much cheaper!!!

Man the looks great!! Going to have to ask for Chuck Eyes next time at the butcher!

I did 2 ribeyes 2 nights ago with that Wolf Rub Bold...man Larry, that has a great flavor!! For those that haven't tried it...you might want to hit the order button!!

I no see pic :(
I see those advertised all the time but thought the same thing.(To tough)

Great looking steaks Larry. I set the glowing coals as the Desktop Background on my computer...looks sharp.

Looks good larry and thanks scotty!! When I go to the super market do I just look for chuck eye or can it be called anything else?

Chris

Them some good eats Larry. Sometimes they have a ton of fat in them and you have to work on them, but plenty of flavor and always tender.

Tried some of them things a few months back and they was outstanding. Now they was at least Choice and maybe CAB so sure that had something to do with tenderness factor. Have got a hold of some tough Ribeyes in the select grade. Might also apply to chuck eyes.

bigwheel

I don't know if they don't have 'em here or I just never noticed. But I'm going to start looking as I love the taste of chuck.

Griff

They just started marketing "flat iron" chuck steaks out here. Thought they were named after the Flat Irons (rock formation on the west side of the Peoples Republic). They weren't cheap at $6.95./lb when chucks at hovering around five. Might have to try a couple.

That is the way it works, seems like.

You find a cheap cut of meat and cook it and its good. Then you tell people about it and the next thing you know it cost as much as the good stuff. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom