Chicken Soak Makes Yummy Chicken - Yummy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
Ordered some Yummy Chicken dry rub from Knox's and used a batch of Kosmo's Q Chicken Soak to make this really tasty chicken for dinner last night.

Mixed up the soak with chicken stock and pored it into a plastic bag with a spatchcocked bird. Placed it in the fridge for five hours. After the soak, I rinsed the bird off and patted it dry before applying the Yummy Chicken rub. Let the rubbed chicken sit in the fridge to dry out for an hour before putting it on the grill.

After about an hour and a half over indirect heat at 400 degrees, it was ready. It had a very nice flavor and the skin was just how I like it . . . nice and crispy.

Knox's Yummy Chicken dry rub & Kosmo's Q Chicken Soak.

Bird on the grill with a couple of potatoes.

After an hour and a half, it was ready.

Plated chicken with a baked potato that was buttered and dusted with Zatarain's Creole Seasoning.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lew you deffinatly have some skills. You need to quit spending money on hidden bbq upgrades and spend it on competitions.

Looks awesome!

I'm trying to decide whether to use Kosmo's chicken soak or try the roadside chicken recipe... Which one would you do?

AndyW said:
Looks awesome!

I'm trying to decide whether to use Kosmo's chicken soak or try the roadside chicken recipe... Which one would you do?
Hi Andy, Are you referring to Vermin's "Smothered Roadside Chicken Breasts" post awhile back? If so, that looked might good.

Kosmo's Chicken Soak was put together for a quick way to soak chicken for competitions. At least that's the way it was promoted on their website. I don't use it all the time but when I do, I always find the chicken moist and tender. I'm a big fan of the product.

If I were you, I would try Vermin's recipe and then at a later date, get a couple of standard store bought chickens and soak just one using Kosmo's Chicken Soak. Season and grill them both the same way and see how you like them.

Looks good. Next time just as a scientifical expuriment trying putting it on there breastes side down and dont touch it till its done. That is how me an Emeril do it. Maskes the breastes super juicy. Not that the poor critter in the photo dont have a super juicy breastes by any means. Just try it as a little comparison deal. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom