Chicken Skewers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Marinated some chicken breasts in Ken's Teriyaki marinade for several hours. Grilled direct, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds and made a wonderful peanut butter dipping sauce. These things were fantastic!!!!! I hope I can duplicate the dipping sauce!!!

Now that looks like something I'd love to try! Any chance you can come up with a general recipe for the dipping sauce? I can adjust to taste but I have never made a peanut butter dipping sauce. I love the chicken that's similar at the local China Buffet.

Allie, I'll guess.....here goes

2 TBS Creamy Peanut Butter
2 TBS Lite Soy Sauce
1+ TBS Honey
2 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp black pepper (red would be better, but I didn't have any)
1 tsp sesame seeds

Microwave 30 seconds and stir tell well blended. I hope I got the measurements right, because this stuff was really really good.

Thank you so much Larry! I'll definitely give that one a try. I'll do it up with your measurements and taste it then can make any adjustments.

Once again, thanks!

Larry Wolfe said:

2 TBS Lite Soy Sauce
1+ TBS Honey
2 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp sesame seeds

Microwave 30 seconds and stir tell well blended. I hope I got the measurements right, because this stuff was really really good.
What?... no hoisin sauce? #-o

The wife and I had those one time.....now I know how to make 'em :!:
Thanks for the recipe, those looked great =D> =D>

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:

2 TBS Lite Soy Sauce
1+ TBS Honey
2 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp sesame seeds

I improvised and used what I had on hand.

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2c1skx4f]Allie, I'll guess.....here goes

2 TBS Lite Soy Sauce
1+ TBS Honey
2 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp sesame seeds

I improvised and used what I had on hand.[/quote:2c1skx4f]

Now thats a scary thought. :eek:

ScottyDaQ said:
Looks awesome !
Next time you're at the market... Pick up some oyster flavored sauce and 5 spice powder.

I'm a big fan of the Asian markets and normally have more stuff on hand, but the cupboards were bare.

Looks good larry. I like to do the same thing but make lettuce wraps with em. Get some good boston leaf lettuce or bib lettuce and fill em with julienned veggies of your choice, bean sprouts and more of your dipping sauces....fantastic.

allie said:
Now that looks like something I'd love to try! Any chance you can come up with a general recipe for the dipping sauce? I can adjust to taste but I have never made a peanut butter dipping sauce. I love the chicken that's similar at the local China Buffet.

Allie,
you can make your own sauce but many of the asian markets and even the grocery store has some good peanut sauces plus some great hoisin sauces as well which is great with chicken.

Oh I know I can buy the stuff but the fun of it for me is making it myself! I enjoy experimenting with foods and while I buy some sauces, marinades, and such, I usually doctor them up in some way. It's so much more fun creating!

allie said:
Oh I know I can buy the stuff but the fun of it for me is making it myself! I enjoy experimenting with foods and while I buy some sauces, marinades, and such, I usually doctor them up in some way. It's so much more fun creating!

My thoughts exactly....just nice to have some in the pantry or fridge when you need it in a pinch :D

I hear ya! They put all kinds of stuff in the things you buy. I love combining new flavors from what I have at home. Not to mention, some of those sauces get really expensive and I budget carefully for groceries. I love using things I keep on hand anyway to make great tasting food for my family!

allie said:
I hear ya! They put all kinds of stuff in the things you buy. I love combining new flavors from what I have at home. Not to mention, some of those sauces get really expensive and I budget carefully for groceries. I love using things I keep on hand anyway to make great tasting food for my family!

That's fine, I'll be the only one around here who likes peanut sauce off the shelf :) 8-[

Back
Top Bottom