chicken for dinner tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honcho

Senior Cook
I've learned a lot from this fourm,Now it was my turn to post pic and yes this is my 1st attemp. I want to thank HILLBILLY for the help with the pic.

So I washed the chicken and dryed with paper towels, I used Montreal chicken seasoning on both sides. Let it sit for about 1/2 hr. When the Maple coals ( I used Maple in honor of my friends from the north ) were ready. On they went, cooked @ 250-275 for alomst 1 hr and let sit raped in foil with a dish towel over the plate for about 1/2 hr. And served dinner Baked taters, and tosed salad

thanks to everyone with the great recipes, now I know how to post pic you'll be telling me thats enough already, My partner Uncle Larry and myself are talking a prime rib roast next And yes it's one of the recipes from this site
Again thanks to everyone, HONCHO

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s470.photobucket.com/flash/remix/player.swf?videoURL=http://vid470.photobucket.com/albums/rr67/HONCHO-GREGORY/ec7fd82c.pbr&hostname=stream470.photobucket.com"></embed>

Great job on the cookin and the slideshow Honcho. Is your first name "Head"..??? ;)

to Hillbilly; thanks, the wood stove was handmade in the shop 26' x 50'
17' is cold storage it does great I heat the shop in the 100-110 degrees

to Sapo; Not here, Here it's green horn lol

to Captian Morgan; The maple burns good, it's a hard wood,splits good, real clean, the taste is not as sweet as hickory, and not as bold as oak, it's just different , I don't want to say like surup, but some may, and some say a little like maple bacon and we got lots of it and my wife,Karen likes it, So I use it, I also use Cherry & Apple (if I can get it without any chemical sprayed on it for yrs.) What ever I use I take the bark off,or it's heating wood

thanks again to all

I dont follow many links to moving pics and such thangs less it have nekked ladies or sumthing like that on the far end...I stay real busy ya know? Sounds like ya done good. Congrats. No..I dont want to see JB in his summo rassler costume. Suspect that appear as described by some of my dearly deceased kin folks..i.e. "Looks like a big old cow patty with a wagon track down the middle..now don't it?"

bigwheel

Great chicken there. Did you use hard maple, soft maple, or sugar maple.
There is a difference. (IMHO) I love sugar maple, but would never cut it down just to burn. We look for sugar maple that has fallen to weather. Too much good stuff to come from that tree!

Pigs

yo Pigs

got me thinking about the wood, after a few phone calls, (I wanted to be sure an we ain't) I'm thinking it's silver Maple, but I'm sure it's the same as they use for Maple surup, But I can't to be 100% sure And I don't know of any soft Maple, or are you talking pine, which I would never use for Q-in

honcho said:
I'm thinking it's silver Maple, but I'm sure it's the same as they use for Maple surup, But I can't to be 100% sure
Our friends at SmokinLicious (kind sponsors of The Frozen Few) say silver maple is okay for smoke.

SmokinLicious® Web site said:
... one of the most popular wood species for smoking foods: Sugar Maple hardwood. This extremely versatile wood can be used to smoke everything from eggs to brisket. It is highly popular due to its sweet flavor which seems to infuse so easily in foods like chicken and pork. But Sugar Maple is not the only variety of Maple hardwood available in the USA. Silver Maple, Red Maple, and Box Elder are other varieties that can be found. However, by far, Sugar Maple is the best species for smoking foods as it has approximately 2% higher sugar concentration than any other variety. Link
Silver maple is sometimes called 'soft' relative to 'hard' sugar maple, based on wood density. Any of the Acer species -- the maples and box elders -- can be tapped for sugar making. It just requires boiling down many more gallons of sap, compared to sugar maple, to get a gallon of syrup.

--John

Back
Top Bottom