Chicken and Veggies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BchrisL

Senior Cook
Today’s grilling did not go quite as well as I had planned. We had some fresh chicken tenders, which we grilled along with onions broccoli green peppers carrots and a jalapeno.

img_154564_0_b2a75764ce9fac48bbd11d73f004fbb8.jpg

Melody cut up some veggies, and some mushrooms as well.

img_154564_1_2917b578484801ff42e8cea8d3e0ff0f.jpg

I sprinkled some olive oil on these to help them brown.

img_154564_2_f0fd8f831a2adeccbcf7fde1448c0e75.jpg

I coated the chicken tenders with olive oil salt and pepper. They cooked very well. I transfered them to the upper griddle.

img_154564_3_7c99137f9e08d8e30e69cbb6b3ad9080.jpg

The mushrooms went on as is.
img_154564_4_d367ded8e69a1a913f706c5e069ea374.jpg

TOO MUCH OLIVE OIL!! The fire flared up and burned the veggies with a black soot foul taste. I will not make this mistake again! :oops:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Looks great Dudley. Is that a cast iron pan in the last pic?

Yes that is a Lodge cast iron griddle. It got banished from the kitchen when we got a smooth ceramic cooktop last year. I almost sold it at a yard sale, then I started putting it on the top rack of the gasser. I don't know what I would do without it. It does so many things so well. It is seasoned quite well from many many cooks.

The meal looks great,

I got one of those griddles too. Cut 2 pieces of 1/2 or 3/8 inch steel pipe at the same angle as your grills front & back base, cut them long enough to wedge in just above your burner
You can then rest the griddle on em just above your burner (vaporizer & cooking grate removed ) This will get the griddle good & hot to sear beautiful crust on steaks or burgers. I got photos somewhere's

007bond-jb said:
The meal looks great,

I got one of those griddles too. Cut 2 pieces of 1/2 or 3/8 inch steel pipe at the same angle as your grills front & back base, cut them long enough to wedge in just above your burner
You can then rest the griddle on em just above your burner (vaporizer & cooking grate removed ) This will get the griddle good & hot to sear beautiful crust on steaks or burgers. I got photos somewhere's

Yes indeed. I can sit it down just above the flame and get it good and hot. It cooks the best omelets I have ever had. Even Egg Beaters (Yes I know, but I look on them as a challenge cause the doctor says what he says. :roll: ) don't stick to this surface. It has a large enough surface to work on and I can get the spatula right down under whatever I am cooking.

Back
Top Bottom