Chicken and Sausage Gumbo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
Took me 50 minutes on the kitchen stove to make a roux, looks rusty in the pic but its a dark roux.

Added the trinity, let it cook a bit and was able to get a better pic of how dark the roux was.

Added my seasonings, chicken stock and okra and moved my dutch oven to my grill. cooked that down for an hour then added the sausage and chicken and cooked it down for another hour. Gonna let it do its thing overnight and we will have it for dinner tomorrow.

Try turning your flash off, it helps sometimes.

Or perhaps, his choice of lens or color temperature is the issue, if you want to achieve the perfect circle of confusion which we all know may or not be the optimal focus achieved by any lens
When a tungsten light source is used and a Kelvin setting of 3000k or lower is used, the color of said subject will never be represented in its true form

Or perhaps, his choice of lens or color temperature is the issue, if you want to achieve the perfect circle of confusion which we all know may or not be the optimal focus achieved by any lens
When a tungsten light source is used and a Kelvin setting of 3000k or lower is used, the color of said subject will never be represented in its true form

Huh? I just turn my camera on and push the button, if I need to turn on the flash, I turn it on. That is my camera skills in a nutshell!

Looks like a perfect roux and gumbo looks delicious. I made a big Smoked Turkey, Andouille and Smoked Oysters Gumbo for a cook-off this past Saturday. No, I didn't win but I've won it a couple of times before.

This is what my roux looked like.

img_265311_0_bc91d6b3cac08edf42ef61302657e758.jpg

Not a great picture at all but I didn't get many picture of the finished product.

img_265311_1_eb7dc985a57fa8d771ef43550d38ac61.jpg

Back
Top Bottom