Cherry Wood Fire Rib Eye Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foodnelson

Assistant Cook
http://youtu.be/IWHxMFe-JBA

I went to a local butcher today and got 4 nice size rib eyes. In a normal store these would cost $14-$16 a pound. This butcher is actually the slaughter house and they have a small retail operation out front. The steak is choice grade and is only $4.49 a pound.

This recipe for Rib Eyes also works well on New York cut steaks, Elk steaks, Venison and Moose steaks. You do not need to own a wood fired oven to make this recipe. These steaks can be cooked over lump charcoal or an open wood fire. It is a great recipe for camping.

I encourage you to try this recipe this summer.

Ingredients

4 Choice or Prime Rib Eye Steaks
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil
1 pound of Mushrooms - sliced
1 Yellow Onion- chopped

Preparation

1. Season steaks generously with salt and pepper and place on a wire mesh cooling rack..
2. Build fire in oven.
3 Chop onions and slice mushrooms.
4. Cook onions and mushroom in the wood oven until all of the water is sweated out.
5. Pour olive oil into pan with mushrooms and onions and saute until caramelized.
6 Make a bed of white hot coals
7 Place the rack with the steaks on the coals.
8 Sear steak for two minutes turn over and sear other side for two more minutes.
9 Push coals to one side and place rack on oven floor. cook for another two minutes or until your desired temperature.
10 Let steaks rest for 10 minutes.
11 Top steaks with mushroom and onion mixture and serve with a bold red wine!

Not sure if you are trying to sell wood, boost your YouTube views or just introduce yourself, but welcome to the BBQC Forum and those were some good lookin' steaks. I need to find your butcher, great price.

Country music, you mean, Dog died, truck broke down, and/or your old lady left. That deserves a big LMFAO!!!!!!!

Hummm, a pizza oven, building one right now actually. Good video.

No..your thinking of the Blues

Big Belly Rutabagas Johnson (that is my blues name. I play a mean riff on the harp.)

No brother I listen to the Blues fluently, I am talking about country music. I listen to pretty much every genre of music there is, and country is pretty the only genre, that I can honestly say that I can not stand.

And before the haters stomp on my I am talking about the whiny newer country crap. I do listen to Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, George Straight, and some other old timers.

I do have a true and diverse eclectic of music on my Entertainment PC. My collection takes up a 1.5TB hard drive, with over 500,000 songs. So if I wanted to I could start playing my music at the first song, and my media player would not repeat a single song for something like 590 days. I should post up some pictures of my media center some day. I think you all would like seeing it. It is pretty nice. Right now I am working on connecting it to a network, so I can watch movies from it on any T.V. in my house.

It runs on Windows 7 Pro.
has a BluRay burner, and BluRay Player
2x 2TB HDD's
4x 1.5TB HDD's
1x 320GB HDD main drive
bunch of different software for burning and ripping movies and such.

But it still like to listen to music from a cd. The quality is alot better than an MP3. Although I do have alot of files that are really high quality flac files.

Sounds a bit geeky to the untrained eye. Are you an injuneer? What kinda train do you drive?

Back
Top Bottom