Charbroil treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trekr

Senior Cook
I was in need of a charbroil burner for my grill so I went to the Charbroil site and ordered one according to my Model number from their order form. The thing arrived yesterday and I attempted to install it this morning. The part that they sent was too short to interface to the gas control valves. I called the service number and found that that they had sent me the wrong part. I was told that if I sent back the incorrect part, they would send me the correct one, but I would have to spring for the return shipping. Their ads say that they are the biggest grill supplier in the U. S. If that is true, that sure is not the way to treat their customers. I am now waiting for the replacement. I will not consider Charbroil next time that I buy a grill. I will probably look at Weber or Vermont Castings.
Any comments on Charbroil?????

Money ahead

Turns out, I would have been better off buying the replacement burner from the Depot with the treatment I got from Charbroil.

Re: Money ahead

Trekr said:
Turns out, I would have been better off buying the replacement burner from the Depot with the treatment I got from Charbroil.

If that had been Weber, they would have told you to keep the wrong part and would have overnighted you the correct part, probably at little or no cost.

Get a Weber, you won't find a company with better customer service.

VC does have a very high product rating...however, it seems to be more of a chore to find replacement parts. They are not readily stocked in the box stores...you have to do it online. I cannot speak about what kind of CS they have either...Weber is very good!

Back
Top Bottom