Char Siu - Chinese BBQ Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What Buzz said!!! Was 6 hours good enough for the marinade or would leaving it in a little longer help?

Well funny somebody should mention this topic. I would vote for three days..or for the rich folks with bag sucking gizmos with the buckets...ten mins maybe. Put a vacuum on that bizness it marinates itself quickly. I would use fresh ginger if it was me...lol.

My only disappointment is that there is nothing I can really bust your balls over! That's a tight, quick and clear video about how to make some good food. I do like the reference about the way the pork gets the red coloring, excellent knowledge base information there. Minor thing, would this served as is or with some sort of sauce?

What Buzz said!!! Was 6 hours good enough for the marinade or would leaving it in a little longer help?

John, I was amazed at how much flavor was absorbed into the meat in the short amount of time. The flavor was somehow exactly how I imagined it. Marinating a little longer would certainly intensify the flavor. The only thing I would worry about is the salt being too concentrated with the finished product. But, 12 hours might work just fine.

My only disappointment is that there is nothing I can really bust your balls over! That's a tight, quick and clear video about how to make some good food. I do like the reference about the way the pork gets the red coloring, excellent knowledge base information there. Minor thing, would this served as is or with some sort of sauce?

If you'e ever had chinese roast pork in any dish from a Chinese restaurant, you've had char siu. It's in or it should be in all pork fried rice, chow mein, moo shu,lo mein and egg rolls. However this could be simply eaten 'as is' maybe with boiled marinade, duck or plum sauce. My daughter and girlfriend ate half off the plate as I was getting ready to make fried rice!!

Thanks for the compliments on the video! I knew eventually I would get better!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom