Cedar plank salmon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
Pretty unusual for us to have our third upscale dinner in a row, probably a bologna sandwich tomorrow (smoked of course). Tonight it was cedar plank salmon with steamed crab (any kind will do), steamed asparagus and béarnaise sauce on everything. After three straight days of asparagus, tomorrow’s picking goes to the neighbors. First time I had this, I put the plank directly over the burner on high and burned it to a crisp. Tonight I had the end burners on high and the middle one on med low under the plank. Worked great – had the plank smoking without setting it on fire. I need to get me a kettle – remember my dad had one in the early 60’s and couldn’t wear it out. This dish works equally well, if not better, with steak instead of salmon. I never worried much about presentation until I started reading forums and deciding to post some pics - but I now think it does make the food a little better. BD

Very nice! Presentation is part of having fun cooking. This ain't the school cafateria where they just splat something down on your plate and tell you to move on.

As much as we spend on food it might as well look and taste good at the same time!

I don't care for the salmon, but the MIL loves it and I cook it for her just to stay ahead on points.

That looks very good, I'm with Ron though. I don't care for salmon either

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom