catch it, kill it, eat it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
I spent last weekend with my son who lives in Oregon. On Sunday we went tuna fishing about 20 miles off the Oregon coast. The fish are juvenile albacore tuna running between 20 to 30 pounds. Here are some pics. I posted this in Grilling but it also includes raw and canned tuna.

Here's a fish trying to escape from the net.

Here's a couple of shots of a tuna being welcomed aboard.

End of the day. I'm the old fart. My son is in the blue shirt next to me in this pic.

Shushi on the same day we caught it. It doesn't get any fresher.

Grilled.

Canned.

It was a great day with my son.

Looks like you had a great day Griff. That would be a once in a life time trip for me.

I have never seen canned tuna that wasn't made by StarKist. ;)

Badass man!!! Those babies fight good too... tuna grilled is the @#$%... thanks for sharing!!!!! [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

Nice pictures, Dad!

Sorry for being late checking the thread out--I've been swamped. First I had 4 days of canning, then after that a buddy dropped off 5 gallons of honey from his bees. Now I'm making mead....

The water was about 63 degrees that day. If the only canned tuna you've ever had is Starkist...well, that's like saying the only steak you've had is hamburger. We call Starkist "catfood" in my house!

Lil Griff

63* OMG :shock:
It is 80 something here ;)
That looked like an awesome trip you guys had.
Tuna and Mead.....hmmmm if I leave right now....and drive straight through...I can be there by Friday :P

Back
Top Bottom