Cast Iron Grillin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I built a cajun wind block out of a 55 gallon drum and tested it out making Rib Eyes & shrimp.

<object width="400" height="302"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1053951&server=www.vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=01AAEA&fullscreen=1"> <embed src="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1053951&server=www.vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=01AAEA&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="302"></embed></object>

dsc0133bh9.jpg

dsc0134qm3.jpg

dsc0135gk4.jpg

dsc0136wz1.jpg

dsc0137ny4.jpg

dsc0138nv8.jpg

dsc0139xq6.jpg

dsc0141yn5.jpg

dsc0143cb2.jpg

dsc0145jh6.jpg

dsc0146gt5.jpg

dsc0147op6.jpg

dsc0148ld5.jpg

dsc0149tt5.jpg

dsc0150rr6.jpg

Good lookin grub Sapo, Wind blocks ar nessisary for a low flame in the last phase of jambalaya cooking, they also used to simmer beans that are cooked along with jambalaya as a side dish...

Nice Job SS, everything looks delicious and that's a great idea for the wind block. May need to rustle up one of them for my WSM. Thanks for the idea.

surfinsapo said:
Unity said:
What's that fourth item on the plate, SS? Not yet another meat, is it? :shock:

--John
Boudin... mostly rice, but gooooooooood!!!! :D
Well, of course it's good, it's got a substantial pork component! :D

Everything looks great.

--John
(Angus rib eye, huh? Does steak get any better than that?)

Love2<º((((>< said:
Dude...You're the MAN!!!

How was the pan ribeye vs. open flame grilled?

Not much difference.. Charred meat tastes good all the time... ;)

God I would give my left wheel for some of those FRESH gulf shrimp! Fantastic cook Sapo!!!

Larry Wolfe said:
God I would give my left wheel for some of those FRESH gulf shrimp! Fantastic cook Sapo!!!
Save your wheels and try some of these frozen shrimp, Larry. These were Bama brand and were 16/20, meaning 16 to 20 shrimp per lb. I got 'em at Giant. They were the best shrimp I can remember having up here, much better texture and flavor than the usual stuff.

--John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom