Burger Inspiration by Traegernator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimBear

Sous Chef
After seeing Traegernators post from the other day on Hickory Burgers; it inspired me to make some grilled burgers myself.
I mixed up some 80/20 ground chuck with some;
1. dijon
2. mayo
3. tarragon
4. seasoned salt
5. garlic
6. Onion
7. Black pepper
8. Paprika
9. Heinz 57 Steak Sauce
let that sit for about 2 hours in the fridge and then grilled over some Kingsford Original with some mesquite chunks and a cedar plank. I had my grill buddy with me as always (my Red Lab Adera Le Roux) and my new grill buddy (Hazel-Nut; the Chocolate Lab) to help with the grilling. I then topped with aged provolone cheese, lettuce, hierloom tomato and some "Sweet & Sticky" BBQ Sauce Glaze. Side of BBQ Maple Beans
This was a Killer burger!!! :D

Griff said:
Nice dogs TB. Do you hunt with 'em?
Thanks Griff,
No they don't hunt with me; I'm a deer, elk and wild pig hunter. I've never done any real bird hunting (except the ones that I hit with my 7mm Mag; not much left after they get hit by a 175gr semi-hollow point.

That looks great Tim!! I'm flattered that I inspired you to create such good looking burgers.
I will tell you that one of the best burgers I ever had was seasoned with just fresh cracked pepper and a liberal amount of Kosher salt. Grilled over high heat and that's it. Simple with a ton of meat flavor. Oh, when you make the patties, don't pack them tight. Just form them into patties andthey will come out tender and juicy. Not dense.
Yours do look really good!

Nick Prochilo said:
TimBear said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3iwfkbns]Nice looking burgers! Patio could use a coat of sealer!
I'm trying to get the sealer off; it's like an ice skating ring when it's wet! :|
Look for a product called "Shark Skin". It's meant to be used in sealers to avoid the ice rink effect.[/quote:3iwfkbns]
Thanks!

Burgers look great ! I love your chocolate lab puppy.... my chocolate's 9 years old, he my hunting buddy and a great bear dog... gotta love those labs :D :D

Back
Top Bottom