Bradley smoker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finney

Master Chef
Savannah, GA and Somewhere near Lexington, NC
bige1 said:
Anyone ever used a bradley smoker?, if so how did you like it?
Can you use them in a comp? Thanks big e

I know friends that have them and they like them... but they are only smoking fish with them.

I don't think that you can use them in most comps because it is electric heat and only burns the wood biscuits for smoke, not fuel. Some comps (depending on sactioning body) would allow them, but most wouldn't.

The only other thing I have heard is the biscuts then to be a tad expensive...and u need to use the biscuts...

Dang..think yall about covered the topic well. Pal o mine sells em an uses one often. He claim it the best apparatus ever invented..but the hockey pucks can get expensive and it take 12 of them to cook one brisket..if you want it to smoke the whole time of course. I think a person should try to clone the hockey pucks. All it bound to be is wood chips and some kinda food grade starch..or sweet tater juice to hold it together whilst it drys out in the mold(s) in the sun. We need some volunteers to run some experiments here.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Dang..think yall about covered the topic well. Pal o mine sells em an uses one often. He claim it the best apparatus ever invented..but the hockey pucks can get expensive and it take 12 of them to cook one brisket..if you want it to smoke the whole time of course. I think a person should try to clone the hockey pucks. All it bound to be is wood chips and some kinda food grade starch..or sweet tater juice to hold it together whilst it drys out in the mold(s) in the sun. We need some volunteers to run some experiments here.

bigwheel
Have your buddy send me a Bradley and I'll gladly run it thru its paces... :D

Back
Top Bottom