Beer Can Wolfe Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteerCrazy

Head Chef
Got my bottle of Wolfe rub Saturday (thanks Larry) and I have to admit I was not thrilled with the taste right out of the bottle. The heat was just right and the spices were great but I've never used a rub with the flavoring that the Wolfe rub has (fruity, cinnamon-y). My wife tried it and she liked it. So anyway I thought I'd do some beer can chicken and use the wolfe rub.

Rubbed under the skin, inside the cavity and all over generously with Wolfe Rub

Shall we dance??

Enjoyed some Samuel Adams specialty brew...Anyone see these around your neighborhood???

They come 4 to a box and are brewed similar to the old colonial days;
Taditional Ginger Honey Ale
George Washington Porter
James Madison Dark Wheat Ale
1790 Root Beer Brew
Very good, especially for special occasions

She's ready for the grill

Midway Point
Forming a nice deep red color, smells great

Nice rich color, the skin was crispy but not burnt.
180* ready to be pulled off

The chicken was extremely moist, the flavor was outstanding. I will say now that I've used the Wolfe Rub with a cook, I will use it more often. Great rub Larry!

Used Royal Oak briquettes, about 15 per side. Added apple wood chips to the briquettes. The charcoal lasted the entire cooking session (just over an hour)

Will definately do more in the future.

That looks great....Nice color on the chicken...Might have to go on a fact finding misson about the Sam Adams... :D

Finney said:
Chicken looked great.

I've got to find some of that beer.

If you find them, don't get :ack: by the price tag......another way 'ol Jim Koch is trying to exploit us for $$

Finney said:
Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Finney said:
Chicken looked great.

I've got to find some of that beer.

If you find them, don't get :ack: by the price tag......another way 'ol Jim Koch is trying to exploit us for $$
If they taste good.... I'll just pretend I bought them to drink in a nice restaurant. That usually triples the price.

:-k Never thought of it that way....good point. Good way to explain that to the wife.. =D>

Got my bottle of Wolfe rub Saturday (thanks Larry) and I have to admit I was not thrilled with the taste right out of the bottle. The heat was just right and the spices were great but I've never used a rub with the flavoring that the Wolfe rub has (fruity, cinnamon-y). My wife tried it and she liked it. So anyway I thought I'd do some beer can chicken and use the wolfe rub.

The chicken was extremely moist, the flavor was outstanding. I will say now that I've used the Wolfe Rub with a cook, I will use it more often. Great rub Larry!

Thanks Dan, I'm glad you enjoyed it! That's one of the finest beer can chickens I've seen in a long time!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":fjc9vtg0]Got my bottle of Wolfe rub Saturday (thanks Larry) and I have to admit I was not thrilled with the taste right out of the bottle. The heat was just right and the spices were great but I've never used a rub with the flavoring that the Wolfe rub has (fruity, cinnamon-y). My wife tried it and she liked it. So anyway I thought I'd do some beer can chicken and use the wolfe rub.

Thanks Dan, I'm glad you enjoyed it! That's one of the finest beer can chickens I've seen in a long time![/quote:fjc9vtg0]

Well it certainly wasn't me :) it was the rub!!

The color is the first thing that caught my eye, that Wolfe Rub is some good stuff :!:
Great job =D>

Finney said:
What really makes it look good is that it's not overly dark. Great job. =D>

Yep! That's a great sign of very clean burning fire and not too much smoke!!

Ok, well then I give credit to the royal oak briquettes

NO NO NO!! #-o

LOL

The flavor came from the Wolfe Rub, the color came from the cook and the Royal Oak!!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":7adem6pc]Yep! That's a great sign of very clean burning fire and not too much smoke!!

NO NO NO!! #-o

LOL

The flavor came from the Wolfe Rub, the color came from the cook and the Royal Oak!![/quote:7adem6pc]

Ok,
I'll take the credit for being smart enough to use Royal oak AND Wolfe Rub LOL thank you, thank you very much

:bow: :bow: :bow:

[quote="Larry Wolfe":2uehwm2r][quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":2uehwm2r]Yep! That's a great sign of very clean burning fire and not too much smoke!!

NO NO NO!! #-o

LOL

The flavor came from the Wolfe Rub, the color came from the cook and the Royal Oak!![/quote:2uehwm2r]

Ok,
I'll take the credit for being smart enough to use Royal oak AND Wolfe Rub LOL thank you, thank you very much

:bow: :bow: :bow:[/quote:2uehwm2r]

There ya go!! Ya just gotta pat yourself on the back every once in a while! =D>

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":25eje7r8][quote="Larry Wolfe":25eje7r8][quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":25eje7r8]Yep! That's a great sign of very clean burning fire and not too much smoke!!

NO NO NO!! #-o

LOL

The flavor came from the Wolfe Rub, the color came from the cook and the Royal Oak!![/quote:25eje7r8]

Ok,

:bow: :bow: :bow:[/quote:25eje7r8]

There ya go!! Ya just gotta pat yourself on the back every once in a while! =D>[/quote:25eje7r8]

You know what, I don't do that enough......I think i'll do that.thanks =D>

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom