Bananas From The Coals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
Did a pre-Valentine steak and asparagus dinner and wanted an easy dessert ... "Bananas From The Coals."
Peel back a 1" strip of the banana skin, add some butter spoon on brown sugar, cinnamon wrap them up
tight in tinfoil and on the grill for about 10 minutes over the hot coals. The rest is pretty self explanatory.

As you can tell from the last picture they were not much good :LOL:

quick and easy grilled dessert....might be good to add some
crushed pineapple in there, or grill pineapple slices
and put em on top of the banana.

Captain Morgan and then several others suggested pineapple ... it was tough to want to eat more of this, but for the good of the Forum :LOL: Two other options, add strawberries or maybe add rum .. not sure if the rum should go in before or after they are over the coals ... any suggestions?

Captain Morgan by a vote of 2 to 0 the pineapple was a great addition, good suggestion :D

Attachments

• PICT0001 1.JPG
    PICT0001 1.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 427
did you grill the pineapple first? The first time
I heard about that I loaded the grill with pineapple rings
sprinkled with brown sugar, and ate the whole thing.

Bad move. Pineapple is a laxative, and for a couple of
days Charmin saw it's net worth increase a good bit.

Captain Morgan said:
did you grill the pineapple first? The first time
I heard about that I loaded the grill with pineapple rings
sprinkled with brown sugar, and ate the whole thing.

Bad move. Pineapple is a laxative, and for a couple of
days Charmin saw it's net worth increase a good bit.

No I didn't grill them first but my wife suggested I try that. I'll take note on the too much ... everything in moderation :D This was spur of the moment, but may try it with a fresh pineapple cut in long stripes grilled to get some sear and then put them in the packet with the butter, sugar and cinnamon. I did these on my smoker after doing a fatty and ribs, this really works better doing them quicker over a hotter fire.

bbquzz said:
I did these on my smoker after doing a fatty and ribs, this really works better doing them quicker over a hotter fire.

Next time just take out the water pan in your WSM. Be sure to wear high-temp gloves. Now your WSM is a grill!! :D

Back
Top Bottom