Another Ribeye w/Corn on the Cob (5D Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vonDrehle

Assistant Cook
Hey guys,
Now that I am finally completely in my new place I can start doing more grilling. Also since I have all my camera gear with me I can actually post pictures that aren't from a cell phone :D. This was my first time grilling corn on the cob. I ended up using foil because when I went to take out the silk inside I ripped a good bit of the husk off and didn't have anything to tie it with. I thought it turned out pretty tasty. Also since I am starting my diet tomorrow this was my last Ribeye I am going to be grilling for a good while. Enjoy the pics :).

Before Grilling:
img_223422_0_8ea03dbac5eac5f2844f440f62def48b.jpg

After Grilling:
img_223422_1_2d9af72dbad1fcb0160ed74f453d5774.jpg

(Pulled Out My Macro Lens for this one)
img_223422_2_05ff7c5ff68095d986ffa09967d9b736.jpg

img_223422_3_8641496ec3f9b8c645f6214088130700.jpg

Outstanding. I cook corn almost daily, and take one to work the next day. Just cut the tip off where all the silk is. Dont worry about removing the husks or silk. Soak it in warm water for 30 min to an hour and grill it over the coal for 10 min per side. The husks will get burnt and black half the time, but your corn will be sweet goodness! I get a $2 pair of leather gloves from Home Depot that I use only for husking hot corn. Thanks for sharing the picts.

Nice job Chris. I love corn on the grill, especially the yellow sweet corn but for some reason, I can only find the white corn. Hopefully it will make a showing later in the summer. May have to plant it myself next year.

Captain Morgan said:
well you're mighty fortunate young man....when I was in school it
was oodles of noodles and blue box mac and cheese.

Fine cooking indeed. Great pics.

Jim, I'm sure you had your fill of this swell. :LOL:

http://www.maruchan.com/maruchan_ramen.html

Beats spaghetti and ketchup. Been there, done that. :( :x But 20 for a buck back in the day was not bad. If you had a few gardens to raid late at night. :LOL:

PIGS

Thanks guys :D. I've started going to a personal trainer and decided I might as well cut out the fattening foods. So there is going to be lots of grilled chicken and Lean Cuisine in my future so if you have any good low fat chicken marinades or anything like that be sure to let me know :). I might have a NY Strip every now and then... it just isn't the same as a ribeye though :(. In the next couple of months I am looking to have a 2 in the front of my weight for the first time in a while. Oh and I forgot the worst part... Light Beer!!! :(

Also I've seen lots of people on here using a Cast Iron skillet and was thinking about getting one so I can cook cut up veggies and what not on the grill. I was wondering if they are really difficult to maintain the whole seasoning and washing it with salt has me a bit spooked.

Thanks,
Chris

NCSU-Chris said:
Thanks guys :D. I've started going to a personal trainer and decided I might as well cut out the fattening foods. So there is going to be lots of grilled chicken and Lean Cuisine in my future so if you have any good low fat chicken marinades or anything like that be sure to let me know :). I might have a NY Strip every now and then... it just isn't the same as a ribeye though :(. In the next couple of months I am looking to have a 2 in the front of my weight for the first time in a while. Oh and I forgot the worst part... Light Beer!!! :(

Also I've seen lots of people on here using a Cast Iron skillet and was thinking about getting one so I can cook cut up veggies and what not on the grill. I was wondering if they are really difficult to maintain the whole seasoning and washing it with salt has me a bit spooked.

Thanks,
Chris
Try a wok instead of the CI skillet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom